We are back with a new set of Debian and OpenEmbedded releases!
- Debian based Linaro 17.09 release for Dragonboard 410c.
- Linaro OpenEmbedded RPB 17.09 release for Dragonboard 410c.
The Debian and OE releases are usually in sync, and offer different approaches to building Linux system for the Dragonboard 410c.
For more information about this release, please check out the release notes:
A few important notes about this release:
- Upgrade to Linux kernel 4.9.56
- Switch to using compressed kernel Image (Image.gz)
- Added support for v4l2 M2M video playback in ffmpeg
- ZRAM support was enabled, though ZRAM is not configured by default. See this guide for more information
- Bug fixes
- BT MAC address is now set on boot (more information in the release notes)
- WLAN: stop advertising 5GHz channels
Note that the switch to compressed kernel images, requires an updated bootloader (LK), otherwise the board won't even boot.
If you want to contribute to our next releases, please have a look at this document.
As usual, feel free to use the 96boards forum for any assistance.
The next releases are planned around the end of the year. We are planning to migrate from Debian Stretch to Debian Sid, and also if time permits to switch from 4.9 LTS kernel to 4.14 LTS. The Debian Sid images should be ready for testing in the coming days in our "snapshots" build folder (http://builds.96boards.org/snapshots/dragonboard410c/linaro/debian/). Feel free to give them a try and report feedback. We are also looking at updating the OpenEmbedded releases from morty to the upcoming rocko release (expected later this month). We are also planning to integrate an optimized Kodi player (full GPU and video hardware acceleration), because we all know that there is nothing more fun than watching movies on a Dragonboard!