WiFi simulatenous STATION+AP mode

Hello,

Seems that no one needs ST-AP mode of Wi-Fi on DragonBoard 410c, but it is a normal and mandatory feature which Wi-Fi devices usually have.
Our customers are highly wishing to have the feature on WCN3620.
When will Qualcomm or Linaro add this feature?

This is not mandatory but a common feature. AFAIK this is well supported on Dragonboard 410C.
You can use hostapd to manage AP mode.

root@linaro-alip:~# iw phy0 info
Wiphy phy0
Supported interface modes:
* IBSS
* managed
* AP
* AP/VLAN
* monitor

If you mean concurrent AP + STA mode, this is not supported by this chip generation.

Hi Loic,

Thanks for your quick response.

If you mean concurrent AP + STA mode, this is not supported by this chip generation.

I need concurrent AP + STA mode, but you said not supported.
It is a software issue and should not be so hard to implement.
I don’t understand why Linaro do not supoort this feature.

Unfortunately, this is not just a software issue, this requests designed hardware/firmware to operate in concurrent mode. Meaning be able to schedule more process in the WiFi chip, sharing antenna, switching operating channel (AP/STA)… This is not common for this kind of board. A more common scenario in mobility is STA+P2P but I’ve never seen really good performances in this scenario.

Your best chance is to use a separate WiFi USB dongle for AP mode and be sure to configure your AP with a non-overlapping WiFI channel to avoid interference.

Hi Loic

Thanks for your anwser and suggestion.
If performance is not an issue, can I do STA+P2P with DragonBorad 410c and software only?

Not supported, wcn3620 is single band/role.