Wifi is unstable?

I am using Debian latest image but the wifi seems unstable. This is a known issue or I did anything wrong ?
Thanks,

I’d suspected the wifi as well when first using Debian on a pair of 410c’s. An Upgrade of ( actually a move from the NetGear firmware to dd-wrt v24-sp2 ) the firmware on the NetGear WNDR4500 AP/router ‘solved’ it. Previously, the 410c’s would connect to the AP and intermittently drop off and reconnect. Sustained Ping’s would lose 50% or more of the packets. Post AP upgrade, Ping’s are successful ( 95%+ success ) and throughput significantly better ( 54Mb ). Wifi issues are behind me, just need to tune the MythTV Frontend since Video/DVR streaming over wifi is sometimes a challenge.

Also, of note, none of the PC’s, Mac’s, or Cell Phones on the AP exhibited the intermittent drop off’s like the 410c’s. Dd-wrt has provided a huge performance and functionality improvement for the wifi. Suspected that the 410c is a bit more ‘finicky’ about the wifi, had seen other posts about it scanning frequently and how disabling bluetooth helped…

Good luck.

linaro@dragonboard02:/etc$ cat os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="8"
VERSION="8 (jessie)"
ID=debian

hi,

which version of “debian for db410c” are you using? there were significant improvement in WLAN driver/stack in the June release, so I recommend at least this release, but of course even better if you can use the 16.09.

NOTE: Please try to provide such information in the first posts. it really helps us if we have the information in the first place.

Hi, the debian version is 16.09 which is downloaded from https://builds.96boards.org/releases/dragonboard410c/linaro/debian/latest/ developer version (with out graphic support)
I can hardly run sudo apt-get update, It never gets successfully in the first time :|. It only works after I reset the networking service (sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart)

I