Voltage regulator fail

Hi there,

I have a problem with my DB 410c and I was hoping someone could help.

I flashed the latest Debian Image using an SD card and everything went smothly, however, when I clicked on “Continue” so the board could reboot, it freezed.

I rebooted the board but nothing happened (no leds, no HDMI output, nothing), however I noticed that the consumption went to 3A (I was powering it with a bench power supply) and regulator u13 got extremely hot (in fact, I burnt my finger when I touched it).

I guess somehow the regulators blow off somehow… :confounded:

So, is there anywhere where I could get the DB410c schematics (at least the power supply part) so I could try to replace the regulators myself and try to repair the board?

Hopefully the rest of the board has not been damaged and I could bring it back to life…

Cheers!!

I found the schematics + BOM on the HW documentation page

Very best of luck with the fix!

Thanks @danielt!!

I’ve already ordered the regulators so fingers crossed.

I measured the voltage at their outputs and they were 0V whilst their temperature was extremely hot. Looks as if there were a short-circuit (but nothing in plain sight). That happened out of the blue by just installing Debian from an SD card and rebooting…

Hopefully it’ll be only a regulators failure which didn’t propagate :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards,
Javier

Well, I replaced U12 & U13 (the bulk regulators) and the board came back to life :smiley:

I am testing it and everything seems to work fine (everything but the wifi, but I guess that is software related…)

Well, I replaced U12 & U13 (the bulk regulators) and the board came back to life :smiley:

That’s rather excellent!

I am testing it and everything seems to work fine (everything but the wifi, but I guess that is software related…)

Depends on how “doesn’t work” is defined. I don’t remember any software
release for DB410C where WiFi was completely dead… although in some of
the older releases it was broken to the point it could not reallly be
used.

What software release are you running?