Super slow USB

Hi,
I’ve been playing with 410C just for couple hours, but I noticed that USB is super slow. Tested with fast USB 3.0 pendrive:

linaro@linaro-alip:~$ sudo hdparm -t /dev/sda1
Timing buffered disk reads: 8 MB in 3.39 seconds = 2.36 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 8 MB in 3.38 seconds = 2.37 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 8 MB in 3.51 seconds = 2.28 MB/sec

on other boards (odroid) I’ve been playing with I get at least 10x this value, on PC I get 110MB/sec.
Same issue with USB LAN adapter - network is super slow.
I also can’t get my webcam to work with any reasonable resolution.

Anyone else have similar issues ? Any ideas how to solve that ?

I’m using linux-headers-4.2.0-linaro-lt-qcom with Ubuntu 15.04.
I have 12V 2.0A power supply so power shouldn’t be a problem.

EDIT: I also tried changing USB HOST jumper, but no change in speed.

hi,

yes, we are aware about this, and we are looking into it. at this point we’ve checked all clocks/bus configurations, and they are ok. We are suspecting a bug in the USB driver… and are still looking into it.

Note that this board support USB 2.0, not 3.0.

cheers

Even with 2.0 I should get at least 20MB/s without any problem, right ?

I’m waiting for updates!
Thanks!

yes, of course… as I said, there is an issue. I brought up USB 2.0 vs 3.0 since you mentioned USB 3.0 pen drive, I just wanted to avoid any confusion.

Hi,

I’m seeing the same issue and was wondering if there are any work-arounds. Do Android and Windows 10 support higher-speed
USB?

Thanks,
Hendrik

hi,

i believe the USB performance issue should be resolved now. Can you guys please try this build and report back here?

http://builds.96boards.org/snapshots/dragonboard410c/linaro/ubuntu/107/

You can rebuild the tip of the kernel branch , if you prefer (and know how to do that), all relevant changes have been pushed to this branch:

https://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/qualcomm/kernel.git/shortlog/refs/heads/release/qcomlt-4.2

thanks

Now it works at 18MB/s
Much better. Thanks!