SSH into hikey960

Is there a way to SSH into hikey 960 board which is running linux on it

Please connect your Hikey960 board to network using Wifi or USB to Ethernet adaptor and ssh using the following command:

$ ssh linaro@<hikey960-ip>

Are there any default password for the debian/linux images on the hikey 960 board.
I have tried root,toor,linaro,oranil and so on but they do not work

For Linaro debian images, the default username is linaro and password is linaro.

linaro / linaro is not working for me for some reason. any other suggestion? thanks

What image did you install?

The image is taken from here: How to get Debian working , as described by @siteks, I’m using : wget http://snapshots.linaro.org/96boards/hikey/linaro/debian/latest/rootfs-linaro-stretch-developer-hikey-20180828-19.img.gz

I am following the steps to fix the ufs issue , and indeed it is fixed. However ,HDMI is not working, I can only run using UART and login as root, there is no user linaro at all, I can’t ssh for root.
I ended up creating a user myself to allow for ssh login.

For login in as root, you need firstly change config in /etc/ssh/sshd_config:

PermitRootLogin yes

and restart sshd service:

/etc/init.d/ssh restart

You need to change passward for root user with command ‘passwd’ and then you can use ssh to login in with root user.

I think him means that SSH login of root should be turned on by default. UART device is not easy to get, and sometimes it is not a necessity. ex. I use hikey to build a cluster to help me do some necessary computing tasks. I don’t need to let him output to the monitor. If SSH is turned on by default, it can be installed by remote.

Yes, the requirement to enable ssh server with default username and password is reasonable for me.

Hi @Mani, could you give some suggestion for this? I think the ssh is enabled by default, but I don’t know if there have any existed username/password can be directly used after we flash the rootfs image.