Some Qualcomm documents not found

Hi guys!

I’m reading the documentation about Qualcomm APQ, PM and WCN, in the product specifcations of PM and WCN some documents are mentioned but I can’t find them in Qualcomm Snapdragon410 tools , these documents are the following:

About PM8916:
"PM8916 Power Management IC Training Slides” (80-NK808-21) and “19.2 MHz Modem Crystal Qualification Requirements and Approved Suppliers” (80-V9690-19)

About WCN3620:
“WCN3620 Wireless Connectivity Design Example with 2G FEM + External Coupler” (LM80-P0436-28)

Also, in the APQ8916 some files that are mentioned, I have troubles to find them. The first one is the “APQ8916E Sparameter model” (mentioned in LM80-P0436-7, section 3.3.1, page 55), used to meet the PDN system specification, and the other one is the “APQ8016E IBIS File” (mentioned in LM80-P0436-7, section 3.7.2, page 63)

Anyone knows where I can find these documents?

Hi Adrian @andribiotic

I am always trying to make our documentation better and correct. Thank you for finding errors in the documentation.

I can address some of your questions right now:

The contents of the old document 80-NK808-21 have been embedded into LM80-P0436-51 which is the Processor Design Guidelines. Can you tell me where you found the reference to 80-NK808-21 please.

The GPS Crystal requirements document is HERE, the correct document number is LM80-P0436-39. Can I ask where you saw the reference to 80-V9690-19 please. While checking I noticed that clicking on the link opens a zip file, the zip file contains a spreadsheet, and a pdf file. Opening the pdf file shows and embedded attachment which has the same spreadsheet. There is no need to have the intermediate zip file and two copies of the xls file, I will get the website updated to link directly to the pdf. The list of recommended part numbers is also missing from LM80-P0436-39, and when I looked at 80-V9690-19 all of the parts were at least 6 years old. More work for me to get this updated. In the mean time I would suggest you start with NDK part NX2520SG, I will add several alternates that have the same footprint.

The 2G FEM and external coupler document has been obsoleted. Because you are designing with the APQ8016E chip, it does not support 2G communicarions and you don’t need a 2G FEM (Front End Module). Again can you tell me which document sent you to LM80-P0436-28 please. I will try to get it corrected.

The S-Parameter and IBIS files are available from you Arrow Representative (@billdavies), although I am working to get the files posted at developer.qualcomm.com with the rest of the documentation. Not sure how long this will take me.

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Hi @ljking, first of all, thank you for your response!

I found a reference to 80-NK808-21 in LM80-P0436-35 Rev A. section 1.2, page 8.

The reference to 80-V9690-19 in LM80-P0436-35 Rev A. section 3.7.4.2, page 54.

And finally, I said I found the LM8-P0436-28 reference in the APQ8016 product specification, I made a mistake (I will edit my question), I found the reference in LM80-P0436-33 Rev B. section 1.1, page 6.

Thank you for telling how the S-model and IBIS files can be obtained!

And, about the link, I don’t know why is redirecting you to a zip file, is a link to the developer.qualcomm.com Snapdragon410E tools & resources page (I will edit this to, I posted as the Dragonboard410 tools & resources). Here a screen capture of the page that opens the link when I click on it:

I downloaded the hardware files from this page two weeks ago

And I think that this is all, sorry for missing the reference to the documents where I found the mentions to the missing files.

Thank you so much!!

Hi @andribiotic

An updated version of the crystal document has been posted here:

near the end of the document you will find a list of part numbers for crystals that have been tested. As you already know the manufacturers discontinue crystals and introduce new models all the time so the list can never be kept fully up to date, but it should be a good place for you to start. Please also beware, just because a crystal worked in the one application where it was tested, it may not work in all applications, so you should do your own testing.

Fixes for all of the other documentation issues you discovered are in progress.

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.