ROCK960 A got bricked

Board based on the Rockchip RK3399 - ARM Cortex-A72 Dual-core up to 1.8GHz + Cortex A53 Quad-core up to 1.4GHz

I was working with rock960 A and debian os and was trying to update gstreamer package. During the process, I had wifi connectivity issue and so power cycled the board, but the board did not boot up properly. i power cycled it once again and nothing showed.

I tried both SD boot and emmc boot, nothing worked out. and also i am unable to flash the emmc with new binaries. usb is not detected during the flash process. the only thing i could see is a green light between usb type A connectors.

I checked for short circuits and everything seems fine. but unable to boot it up. can anyone help to debug it further ?

@vishnu_kumar So you are unable to find the emulated USB device on host when Rock960 is in maskrom mode?

Yes, i am unable to find the emulated USB device.

It is weird that you cannot find the USB device in maskrom mode (it shouldn’t happen unless there is some hw issue). Can you look into the serial console log when powering the board normally?

There is no log from serial console as well. not even trash characters.

For ROCK960 A, press the maskrom key and plug the power, connect USB C cable to PC, you should see 0x2207 USB ID with lsusb, if not, try reverse plug the USB C cable. If not, ask for a RMA from where you buy.

I tried everything you said. will ask for RMA.
Thanks