Questions: support for suspend and support for USB gadgets

Hello.

Does the Orange Pi I96 (Orange Pi i96 - 96Boards) support the following?

1. suspend to RAM, and resume. If yes, are there any references to the documentation? This could be useful for some applications when board bootup takes time. So, related question is: how long does a minimal Linux setup takes to boot to a login or shell prompt?
  2. USB gadget: Raspberry PI at least have someone referencing it (http://www.circuitbasics.com/raspberry-pi-zero-ethernet-gadget/). Any support for others such as serial port, storage?

I do not have an I96IOT board yet. And my decision to buy one depends on the availability of the above features.

No idea about suspend to RAM. The board supports gadget mode (although I
am not sure if there are any tutorials on how to configure the different
modes) but it is not possible to use both USB ports at once. If you use
the host port then the OTG port will not work and vice versa.

Thanks for your responses. Could you please clarify ‘If you use the host port then the OTG port will not work and vice versa’? Do you mean that if I enable the Gadget Mode for the OTG, the USB port is unusable for any other purpose, e.g. connecting a Wifi USB adapter?

FYI, per description provided by others for Gadget mode on RPi Zero I am able to successfully use the Ethernet and Mass Storage modes. I will know in a couple of weeks when I get my I96 board.

Thanks for your responses. Could you please clarify ‘If you use the host port then the OTG port will not work and vice versa’? Do you mean that if I enable the Gadget Mode for the OTG, the USB port is unusable for any other purpose, e.g. connecting a Wifi USB adapter?

This is correct. If you set the debug switches so that the OTG port is
enabled then this will disconnect the host port.

With my new I96 board I am attempting the OTG port in Gadget mode. You mentioned of debug switches. What are these settings to enable OTG? How could I get the Ethernet or USB working?

To see what happens I modprobe’d all the modules the default modules on the Ubuntu 16.,04 distro that I installed. Using I can see all modules loaded, but “ifconfig -a” does not report any more than ‘lo’, ‘sit0’, and ‘wlan0’.

Making a guess, I changed the switches to 1,2,3,4 to up, and 5,6,7,8 to down. Still I do not see any of the modules identify the OTG port as ethernet.

While not exactly the same driver, on a RPi-Zero I am able to get this work. But then the driver framework for it in the ‘4.14.x’ for RPi is different than that for OPi-I96 which is ‘3.10.62*’.