Power supply?

Hi – can you shoot me a link to where I can buy a power supply? Seems like a big miss to not include one. What was the thinking there?

Cheers d

Hi-I think think link is helpful for you.

Thanks for the update … I guess I should have know the power supply was a standard for 96boards. BTW, the Arrow power supply is discontinued. Here’s one on Amazon that seems to fit the spec → Amazon

Hi David,

I think Arrow has a substitute one: Arrow power supply?

Just want to remind one thing: I saw your shared page on Amazon, it provide current is 1.5A to 2A. So I suggest you could select the power supply for 12v x 2A, this will be more safe for board to provide max to 24W.

Thanks,
Leo Yan

ok great.

@David

As mention by @leo.yan, the power supply available on Arrow should work just fine.

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/wm24p6-12-a-ql/autec-power-systems

Either way, I would suggest a power supply with 12V and 2A.

Power Barrel Connector Jack measurements should be: 1.75mm Internal Diameter (0.068"), 4.75mm Outer Diameter (0.187")

I hope this helps.

Hi

Brian K Mcclung with BKM Engineering Consultancy

First, I don’t know why Arrow chose that size connector. If you have any power suply with that size connector, good or bad, cut it off, and go to this type of arangement shown in the picture. That way you can use any power supply you want.

Neat hack. I am slowly building up an arsenal of 5.5mm to 4.5mm adapters. :wink:

As it happens the choice for 4.5mm power connector was ultimately driven by the board-to-board separation between the base board and the mezzanine (which is itself driven by the physical specs of the mezzanine connectors). A more conventional 5.5mm barrel is simply too tall and would have required mezzanine designers to put a cut-out in their board to work around the jack.

One of the ambitious parts of 96Boards CE spec is the small physical form factor (even two years later it remains challenging to route the boards).

Personally I like having tiny, tiny development boards so gladly tolerate the unusual power jack (and lack of RJ-45). However, let’s just say I know that plenty of people who would and have advocated for a different compromise…

Neat hack. I am slowly building up an arsenal of 5.5mm to 4.5mm adapters. :wink:

As it happens the choice for 4.5mm power connector was ultimately driven by the board-to-board separation between the base board and the mezzanine (which is itself driven by the physical specs of the mezzanine connectors). A more conventional 5.5mm barrel is simply too tall and would have required mezzanine designers to put a cut-out in their board to work around the jack.

One of the ambitious parts of 96Boards CE spec is the small physical form factor (even two years later it remains challenging to route the boards).

Personally I like having tiny, tiny development boards so gladly tolerate the unusual power jack (and lack of RJ-45). However, let’s just say I know that plenty of people who would and have advocated for a different compromise…