Poplar board and wifi?

Hi There,

I have recently built the Debian images from source and can see the wifi adapter (lo) but can’t successfully use it. Does wifi work on the Linux build for this board? And if not:

a) Is it just a matter of building the right kernel module for the MT7662 from a source somewhere, or is it way more complex than that?
b) Does it work on Android?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mark

I doubt lo is the wifi adapter. lo usually means the local interface (how network connections the board makes to itself are handled).

Are there any messages about firmware in the dmesg logs? It might simply be that there is no firmware for the adaptor and that the driver has disabled itself.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realize now lo is the loopback interface. :tired_face:

I don’t see any messages related to wireless in the dmesg logs. Looking into it more (trying to compile a module from MediaTek), it seems that this fails because the kernel is built with “CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXT” and “CONFIG_WEXT_PRIV” not set. Perhaps the adapter needs these for private ioctls? I’ll keep digging…

Mark

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I realize now lo is the loopback interface. :tired_face:

I don’t see any messages related to wireless in the dmesg logs. Looking into it more (trying to compile a module from MediaTek), it seems that this fails because the kernel is built with “CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXT” and “CONFIG_WEXT_PRIV” not set. Perhaps the adapter needs these for private ioctls? I’ll keep digging…

Good luck.

I had a bit of a dig around. I’m afraid to say I’m not sure anyone has
had the MTK WiFi working under Debian (I used ethernet for my skunkworks
bits and pieces on this board).

That’s not to say that you should give up but it might be rather tricky.

I’ve got driver source for mt7662u for android

But making mt7662u working may take a lot of effort.
Thanks,
Carl Tao