No Wifi available

Hi there,

I’ve recently got a Ultra96-v2 board. I flashed the provided SDcard with the provided image for v2.
I managed to login, tried ./wifi.sh to set up wifi. Mac address becomes available after running the script, however I can’t yet discover the wifi ultra_ on my PC. The script prints sending discover ... every few seconds on the screen and apparently initilization has been successful.

Any thought how I can connect to the board via ssh? Thanks

Are you using it on bare metal or linux?

I personally have not used this board but I have one on the way. If you are using the linux version you can use ‘nmtui’ to set up the network or follow this guide!

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Deephi-DNNDK/the-DNNDK-in-Ultra96-board-can-t-display/m-p/939811/highlight/true#M350

I’m using on Linux provided on the SD card (in fact it’s flashed with the provided v2 image).

the link you’ve provided is pointing to some unrelated issue I’m afraid.

Thats interesting! Yes, the link points to a different issue but the first part talks about how the individual got the wifi working. Just to quote the part I am talking about:

You can use a USB network adapter.

Or you can follow the instructions here to setup the wireless network from the command line. I was successful with the WPA instructions:

Here is what it boiled down to for my situation:

1st time only:
wpa_passphrase
copy the generated text into a new file called /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Subsequent boots:
wpa_supplicant -B -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
dhclient wlan0
OR for static IP
ifconfig wlan0 netmask 255.255.255.0

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Did that last bit help?