Please see also the inputs of my colleague:
Yes, it is possible and the sd_host_controller is also contained but this is a third-party encrypted IP where the license is required.
It is not tested on the software side, but I would recommend the following steps in order to avoid this license issue:
- Use the CV_96.zip file for the project
- In this project, you can find the archived project, which is called CV_96.qar, restore it with Quartus
- From the original project, copy-paste CV_96\QSYS\intr_capturer folder to the similar place in the restored project, e.g.: CV_96_restored\QSYS\intr_capturer
- Open the Qsys from Quartus, and open the restored qsys file, now you should not get any error message
- Click to Generate HDL and if it is done then click Finish
- Now you can add any feature to the FPGA in the restored project
This project is using the SD Card Interface IP from the Altera University Program, but it is not tested with Linux, so it could happen that this hardware architecture is not compatible with the existing Linux system.