Mali G72 drivers

Does any one know where or when the arm drivers will be available ?

maybe here?

I went there first but they have only mali_g71 drivers and said for mali_g72 go to the vendor. Question is which vendor hikey , kirin or mali ?

Hi! The kernel contains the kernel driver and both the stock Android and the Lebian (AFAIK) image has user-space driver available that can be used.

Thanks a lot… I will look into it.

It’s seems like there is no X11 or Wayland drivers in this image, is that correct?

I’m not sure where the driver they are referring to is located.
If you download the LeBain Image and mount it one of the Mali Library Files is there and then they use OpenCL (POCL) to access it.

For me this has not helped at all. I don’t even know how to build and install the (POCL) and there is no documentation.

IE :slight_smile:

6.The latest Lebian from Lemaker has delivered userspace binary driver for G72. The binary library is /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libmali.so. By installing the pocl, two OpenCL platforms can be found on Hikey 970. (Notice that Mali-G72 does not support cl_khr_fp64. )

The OpenCL driver of Mali GPU should be provided by either ARM or the board maker. Check the ARM website to see if they have the user-space binary driver. If you are talking about running OpenCL for CPU, such as Cortex-A73 and Cortex-A53, take a look at the pocl library (http://portablecl.org/). It should help.

And that is about all the information i can find. Which is not enough to get my display working correctly.

You said the lebian image has opencl?Do you know how to use it?

Lebian with tensorflow image has a driver for gpu.
This forum is not for OpenCL, if you wan to know how to use openCL there are other forums that will explain that.

Maybe my statement is a bit problematic,I just want to know how to check if the lebian with tensorflow image has a opencl driver,I enter ‘clinfo’ at the terminal but it return none.

there are 3 different linux images.
the Lebian with tensorflow will show :

clinfo
Number of platforms 1
Platform Name ARM Platform
Platform Vendor ARM
Platform Version OpenCL 2.0 v1.r10p0-01rel0.e990c3e3ae25bde6c6a1b96097209d52
Platform Profile FULL_PROFILE
Platform Extensions cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_khr_int64_base_atomics cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics cl_khr_fp16 cl_khr_icd cl_khr_egl_image cl_khr_image2d_from_buffer cl_khr_depth_images cl_arm_core_id cl_arm_printf cl_arm_thread_limit_hint cl_arm_non_uniform_work_group_size cl_arm_import_memory cl_arm_shared_virtual_memory
Platform Extensions function suffix ARM

Number of devices 1
Device Name Mali-G72
Device Vendor ARM
Device Vendor ID 0x62210001
Device Version OpenCL 2.0 v1.r10p0-01rel0.e990c3e3ae25bde6c6a1b96097209d52
Driver Version 2.0
Device OpenCL C Version OpenCL C 2.0 v1.r10p0-01rel0.e990c3e3ae25bde6c6a1b96097209d52
Device Type GPU
Device Profile FULL_PROFILE
Device Available Yes
Compiler Available Yes
Linker Available Yes
Max compute units 12
Max clock frequency 767MHz
Device Partition (core)
Max number of sub-devices 0
Supported partition types None
Supported affinity domains (n/a)
Max work item dimensions 3
Max work item sizes 384x384x384

NULL platform behavior
clGetPlatformInfo(NULL, CL_PLATFORM_NAME, …) ARM Platform
clGetDeviceIDs(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, …) Success [ARM]
clCreateContext(NULL, …) [default] Success [ARM]
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_DEFAULT) Success (1)
Device Name Mali-G72
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU) No devices found in platform
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU) Success (1)
Device Name Mali-G72
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ACCELERATOR) No devices found in platform
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CUSTOM) No devices found in platform
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL) Success (1)
Device Name Mali-G72

ICD loader properties
ICD loader Name OpenCL ICD Loader
ICD loader Vendor OCL Icd free software
ICD loader Version 2.2.12
ICD loader Profile OpenCL 2.2

Thanks a lot.I forget to install the clinfo at first and I have solved it now.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have another question:Dose the lebian with tensorflow image have the opencl header and opencl library ?Shall I have to find it myself?

building OpenCL apps:

Use in the source code:
#include “CL/cl.h”

and during compilation for gcc include the flag -lmali