Long Term Availability

The DragonBoard 410c is a promising development board for compact medical devices.

Devices that need to be certified (CE, FDA) require components to be available for several years (10 years is common). This is to avoid needing to redo the expensive certification process when components are changed.

How long will the DragonBoard 410c be guaranteed to be available? What is the long term availability of critical components such as the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 series processor?

Thank you for your interest in Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor. This processor is part of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon for Embedded product road map so it will be available for long time. Please see more information here: https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/embedded-computing/

Thanks
Ketal Gandhi
Sr. Product Manager
Qualcomm Technologies Inc.

“ALL INFORMATION, COMMUNICATIONS, FEEDBACK, CODE, ADVICE, SUPPORT AND OPINIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OF IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND. QUALCOMM TECHNOLOGIES, INC., (AND ITS AFFILIATES) SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT OF ANY THIRD PARTY.”

Dear Ketal,

thank you for the information.

The Qualcomm website only mentions:

Longevity
Snapdragon processors are designed for longevity, making them ideal for use in embedded computing applications.

I need more specific information. How many years do you plan to produce the DragonBoard 410c? How many years do you plan to produce the Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor?

Qualcomm needs to be transparent about long term availability of its products if it wants them to be used in regulated industries.

Kind regards

Thanks for your response. I understand that you need more specifics on longevity for Snapdragon 410. We are internally working on that currently so I should have an update for you soon on that. We are targeting 7-10 years for these parts.

Arrow is the manufacturer of DragonBoard 410c product and I know someone from Arrow will respond to you soon on that part of the question.

Stay Tuned.

Thanks
Ketal Gandhi
Sr. Product Manager
Qualcomm Technologies Inc.

“ALL INFORMATION, COMMUNICATIONS, FEEDBACK, CODE, ADVICE, SUPPORT AND OPINIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OF IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND. QUALCOMM TECHNOLOGIES, INC., (AND ITS AFFILIATES) SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT OF ANY THIRD PARTY.”