Linux headers incomplete - debian 16.02 - compile linux dvb drivers

Hi
Apparently linaro does not come with linux dvb drivers out of the box
According to: How to Obtain, Build and Install V4L-DVB Device Drivers - LinuxTVWiki

I have done the steps below:

git clone --depth=1 git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git cd media_build ./build

At the end of the script I see the following error

make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.4.0-linaro-lt-qcom'
  CC [M]  /home/linaro/media_build/v4l/msp3400-driver.o
In file included from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/sysreg.h:23:0,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/cpufeature.h:13,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/hw_breakpoint.h:20,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/processor.h:33,
                 from ./arch/arm64/include/asm/spinlock.h:21,
                 from include/linux/spinlock.h:87,
                 from include/linux/seqlock.h:35,
                 from include/linux/time.h:5,
                 from include/linux/input.h:11,
                 from /home/linaro/media_build/v4l/compat.h:10,
                 from <command-line>:0:
./arch/arm64/include/asm/opcodes.h:1:43: fatal error: ../../arm/include/asm/opcodes.h: No such file or directory
 #include <../../arm/include/asm/opcodes.h>
                                           ^
compilation terminated.

The file below contains single include file to a file that don’t exists

less /usr/src/linux-headers-4.4.0-linaro-lt-qcom/arch/arm64/include/asm/opcodes.h
#include <../../arm/include/asm/opcodes.h>

checking manually

linaro@linaro-alip:/usr/src$ ls /usr/src/linux-headers-4.4.0-linaro-lt-qcom/arch/arm/include/asm
ls: cannot access /usr/src/linux-headers-4.4.0-linaro-lt-qcom/arch/arm/include/asm: No such file or directory

could you please help?
Is there any chance these drivers will be part of linaro in the future?

Thanks
Idan

Hi
help? anyone?

This is an upstream bug, and looks like a fix was posted last month (http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kbuild.devel/14647).

Need to change the kernel build scripts used to generate this package.

the patch applies on 4.4, but there has been no feedback on the list… and at first sight the patch looks quite intrusive…

there are a few other places where we include .h file from arm in arm64…

/work/linux/linux/arch/arm64(master)$ git grep ‘#include ./arm/..h’
include/asm/opcodes.h:#include <…/…/arm/include/asm/opcodes.h>
include/asm/xen/hypercall.h:#include <…/…/arm/include/asm/xen/hypercall.h>
include/asm/xen/hypervisor.h:#include <…/…/arm/include/asm/xen/hypervisor.h>
include/asm/xen/interface.h:#include <…/…/arm/include/asm/xen/interface.h>
include/asm/xen/page-coherent.h:#include <…/…/arm/include/asm/xen/page-coherent.h>
include/asm/xen/page.h:#include <…/…/arm/include/asm/xen/page.h>

I’m having this same issue in 4.4.8.

I am trying to compile the Realtek 8192cu drivers to get a USB Wifi dongle working.

Can someone advise on how to apply this patch to 4.4.8? Is there a package or download available for the “kernel-headers-4.4.8-linaro-lt-qcom” headers that includes this patch?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

hi,

the patch has been merged upstream, so i think it’s safe to backport it now. I backported (and pushed) it into the QCOM LT 4.4 branch:

https://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/qualcomm/kernel.git/shortlog/refs/heads/release/qcomlt-4.4

hello,

i use kernel : 4.4.8-linaro-lt-qcom
does anyone can resolve this question?

the above link are failed.

sorry about the broken link, our git server has been changed, and that broke all links… this is the commit that you need

https://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/qualcomm/kernel.git/commit/?h=release/qcomlt-4.4&id=df57c873abe659224e61a3ea26a9edc612600625

Hi ndec,

I try to modify kernel source that you provide as follows:

diff --git a/scripts/package/builddeb b/scripts/package/builddeb
index 6c3b038…06ba0d9 100755
— a/scripts/package/builddeb
+++ b/scripts/package/builddeb
@@ -322,7 +322,7 @@ fi

-(cd $srctree; find arch/$SRCARCH/include include scripts -type f) >> “$objtree/debian/hdrsrcfiles”
+(cd $srctree; find arch/*/include include scripts -type f) >> “$objtree/debian/hdrsrcfiles”

but error message still exist and the error is the same as idanre1, how could I fix it?

hi,

can you provide a bit more information about what you did? Applying the patch isn’t enough. You need to create the .deb files from the kernel tree and deploy them on the board, and then rebuild (natively) your application, for the change to take effect. Is that what you did?

hi,
Could you provide more info about how to create the .deb files and how to deploy them. I have version 4.4.23-linaro-lt-qcom and is trying to install kernel drivers needed by bluetopia, but got the same error here
/arch/arm64/include/asm/opcodes.h:5:43: fatal error: …/…/arm/include/asm/opcodes.h: No such file or directory
#include <…/…/arm/include/asm/opcodes.h>

the kernel build system has support to generate .deb files, using the ‘bindeb-pkg’ target. so you can build the kernel with:

make bindeb-pkg

And it should build the corresponding .deb packages, then you can deploy the linux-image-xxx and linux-headers-xxx packages on the board (you can install them with dpkg -i)