We are back with a new set of Debian and OpenEmbedded releases!
- Debian based Linaro 18.01 release for Dragonboard 410c.
- Linaro OpenEmbedded RPB 18.01 release for Dragonboard 410c.
The Debian and OE releases are usually in sync, and offer different approaches to building Linux system for the Dragonboard 410c.
As mentioned earlier here, our releases are being moved 96boards.org to linaro.org from now on. For more information about this release, please check out the release notes:
We are in the process of copying the old releases on the new server.
The major highlights for this release are:
- Major kernel upgrade to Linux kernel 4.14.15 LTS
- Major system upgrade from Debian Stretch to Buster
- Major system upgrade from OE morty to OE rocko
- Many improvements to the WLAN driver, which drastically improve the stability of WLAN and BT.
- Support for powersave mode in WLAN driver
- The infrastructure to build the Debian images has been entirely redesigned and is now using Debain FAI tools. It should be much simpler now for anyone to create their own images.
- qDSP support (and GPS) is currently disabled, and will be renabled soon
As usual, it is very much recommended to run the latest firmware release. There was no change in firmware recently, and it is recommended to use:
Until the next kernel LTS, we are planning to support our 4.14 based kernel branch. In parallel of the Dragonboard 410c, we are also adding support for Dragonboard 820c in the same kernel branch, more information on that soon! In the coming months we are expecting a new firmware release from Qualcomm that will improve WLAN and BT LE, as well as GPS.