Kernel module

How do I write a hello world module on the hikey board…preferably without cross-compiling but with building natively. Here is my source but I need help compiling it natively:

#define MODULE
#define LINUX
#define KERNEL

#include <linux/module.h> /* Needed by all modules /
#include <linux/kernel.h> /
Needed for KERN_ALERT */

int init_module(void)
{
printk("<1>Hello world 1.\n");

// A non 0 return means init_module failed; module can’t be loaded.
return 0;
}

void cleanup_module(void)
{
printk(KERN_ALERT “Goodbye world 1.\n”);
}

Hi @dill-richard,

How to rebuild the kernel natively on 96Boards were always on the list but not documented yet.

Please let me come back after I tried it.

Akira – I was able to build kernel natively using the reference platform and load onto MMC module. When I tried to build the reference platform there wasn’t a wifi driver to connect to network.

Those are facts…what I want to accomplish is:

build image with kernel natively (either reference or landing release). I would like to have the one that is most current / up to date and has wifi driver. I want to put this onto my 64 GB SD card (and take full advantage of the space for this card). Eventually I want to have both Android and Debian Jessie installed on different SD cards so that I can very easily switch environments between android and jessie.

My questions:

• Besides one having a GUI, what is the difference between the developer and alpine releases? What additional development tools are part of the developer release image?

Also, I’m still trying to install a custom module (right now on the landing release).

thanks so much for your help!!!