Install Apps using ADB - Errors with 'Waiting for Device'

Good day, I am trying to install google play store app using adb and I get a message ‘Waiting for Device’
I followed the adb driver installation steps and my board is detected as a connected device.
Please let me know if there are any instruction on how to install 3rd party apps in android

Hi ,
Are you trying these steps on Linux or on Windows host ?
If this is on Linux, can you try the following:

$sudo adb kill-server
$sudo adb devices
Now try installing the apk.

Reason: The adb server has to be started with root privelages for adb devices and adb install commands to work. The above commands will make sure its done.

If this is on Windows, can you share a screen shot of your DeviceManager window (showing the Device enumeration type).

thanks
Sujai.
Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. San Diego . Views expressed are my own and not reflect my employer.

Hi Sujai, thank you very much for your reply and i managed to install the APK-s
Now i have another set of issues, which is I cannot login to google using the google apps.
The app prompts me for the username, after i input my username and press next and it hangs in there, i have left it for more than an hour, the device is connected to the internet but still cannot progress further.
I have also installed the google maps app and when i open this app, it is unable to lock in to the default location and is unusable. I am trying to do DIY project with dragonboard 410 c and use it in my car.Without logging into google it will hardly usable. Is there an android version for this board which has google apks installed by default ? or can i compile a custom version with google apps builtin ?
Thank you very much. Abdul

Hi Abdul,
“have left it for more than an hour, the device is connected to the internet but still cannot progress further”
>>This may be a problem with the google application suite that you had installed.

“Is there an android version for this board which has google apks installed by default”
>> The Google application suite cannot be packed into our release. (Legal and licensing is different for Google application suite).

"or can i compile a custom version with google apps builtin "
>> Most developers get around the problem of getting Google applications by directly installing it from the web. The procedure is documented by wiki pages maintained by popular custom ROM manufacturers like Cynogenmod etc. I recommend you Google for this and find a way !

thanks
-Sujai.

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. San Diego.Views expressed are my own and not reflect my employer.

thank sujay, i now try to install the zip file i downloaded from the link in the cyanogenmod wiki for installing google apps how ever i get errors with
E:Footer is wrong
E: Signature verification failed
Installation aborted
the version i downloaded is 64bit AMD 5.1 stock