How to Writeback/Invalidate Cache on DragonBoard820c?

Hi. Is there a way to send some command or function to call in my ARM program to writeback/invalidate cache? I’m more familiar with TI sysbios and there were functions to do this on that platform. Is there something similar for the snapdragon820?

Thanks,
Kim

Could you clarify what you’re running, userspace application on Linux? bare-metal?

Hi Loic,
I am running a user space application. It is an application that was once run on a TI product. So there were dma and cache invalidate/writeback calls in the application. I commented those out so they do nothing. But I am curious if cache functions are available on the snapdragon.

Thanks,
Kim

To clarify, the application is an ARM application, not a DSP application.
Thanks,
Kim

So there is no easy way to do this in userspace, usually, this is up to the kernel to perform cache maintenance if necessary (e.g. enqueueing/dequeuing dma video buffer). Some drivers also propose an interface to user-space via specific ioctls.

It’s also possible to access a restricted set of cache maintenance ops from userspace (EL0) with ARM64(aarch64). When UCI bit of the system control register is set, it enables EL0 access in AArch64 for DC CVAU , DC CIVAC , DC CVAC , and IC IVAU instructions [1]. It allows you, for example, to perform a ‘clean & invalidate’ of a data cache line: dc civac, addr

[1] http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.den0024a/BABFCAGE.html