How to rotate tty in Linaro

I have my Dragonboard 410c with an HDMI and usb keyboard but it is connected to a verticle monitor. I have tried turning the screen rotation in the desktop gui and also tried running

echo 3 > /sys/class/graphic/fbcon/rotate_all

and still can’t get the tty terminal to rotate to save my neck. Any ideas?

hey,

please note that hopefully not so many people can “rotate Linaro” :wink: Linaro is a company , which among many things provides the builds for the Dragonboard. Linaro is not a Distro, neither.

So , I assume you want to know how to rotate the screen when installing one of the Debian builds that we release. By default, our builds use Xorg , so assuming you are using the default config, then you can rotation the desktop in Xorg using the following commands:

xrandr --output HDMI-1 --rotate left
xrandr --output HDMI-1 --rotate right
xrandr --output HDMI-1 --rotate normal
xrandr --output HDMI-1 --rotate inverted

Note that HDMI-1 is the name of your monitor, to double check what is being used in your case, you can run the xrandr command with no arg, and inspect its output.

Regarding fddev/fbcon, you will need to rebuild kernel with FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_ROTATION config to support rotation, you should then be able to rotate via sysfs or boot with fbcon=rotate:1 in cmdline.