How to configure the Watchdog?

Hey,

I’m not sure I understand the watchdog in the dragonboard. Is there more documentation about it and how to configure it?

Hi @Jaime

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do with the watchdog, can you tell us what you are trying to do?

I think the watchdog is a standard device that is configured and operated by the Linux kernel. I took a quick grep through the Debian kernel source code, I believe the watchdog support is in the file kernel/drivers/watchdog/qcom-wdt.c and defined in the device tree file kernel/arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/msm8916.dtsi, although there are many watchdogs in the system and this might be some other watchdog.

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Hey,

I just want to figure out why when our Kernel locks up, restarts, and the bootloader refuses to boot Linux and instead goes and tries to this weird USB boot mode.

See http://www.96boards.org/forums/topic/how-to-set-it-up-so-kernel-panic-will-reboot-to-fastboot/#post-17397 for the output from the serial terminal. I’m at a lost at what caused the lock up (since there’s no error messages) and it doesn’t fix itself until we power cycle.

@Jaime, I am not sure anyone will be able to offer much help without a trace or explicit info about your modifications to the kernel. have you tried configuring the kernel debug options (under kernel hacking while menu config)?