Hikey UART Adapter board and UEFI

Hello everyone,

I have a Hikey board with Android pre-loaded, and I am just starting to play with it.

Configuration:
The UART Adapter board is plugged.
J15 config: 1-2 is closed and 3-4, 5-6 are opened
Serial terminal: Putty

I am trying to get some boot traces from the UART adapter board.
All I can get is a NULL byte, however I have checked and I know the board is booting Android correctly.

Is there any debug/boot traces output from the UART 1 or UART 0 of the UART Adapter board ?
If it is the case what is the configuration of the serial port (on PC client side) ?

Hi Mike

If you are using 15.06 you wont be seeing anything on the serial port by default (I honestly dont know what it was decided to make the release that way but that is the way it is)

To fix this just mount the boot_fat.img partition and modify the cmdline so it looks something like this.

k3v2mem hisi_dma_print=0 vmalloc=484M no_irq_affinity ignore_loglevel earlyprintk console=ttyAMA3,115200n8 androidboot.console=ttyAMA3 androidboot.hardware=hikey root=/dev/mmcblk0p7 firmware_class.path=/system/etc/firmware

Just

1. sudo mount boot_fat.img <mnt_point>
2. sudo vi <mnt_point>/cmdline

Then edit/replace the contents of the file with the above.

Hi ldts-jro,

Thank you for your answer.
I did the changes and it worked ! It outputs traces (on the UART 1) from the UART Adapter board.

However, I have noticed the following trace:
[ 13.776886] audit: type=1400 audit(16.149:4): avc: denied { read write } for pid=1312 comm="sh" path="/dev/ttyAMA3" dev="tmpfs" ino=9228 scontext=u:r:shell:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:device:s0 tclass=chr_file permissive=0

It is related to SE Linux and it could be avoided by modifying the command line into the following:
k3v2mem hisi_dma_print=0 vmalloc=484M no_irq_affinity ignore_loglevel earlyprintk console=ttyAMA3,115200n8 androidboot.console=ttyAMA0 androidboot.hardware=hikey root=/dev/mmcblk0p7 firmware_class.path=/system/etc/firmware

did you paste the right cmd line? It seems you just copy/pasted the one I sent. Please send it again if you don’t mind.

TIA

In fact, the difference is really small:
androidboot.console=ttyAMA3 replaced by androidboot.console=ttyAMA0

aorry I didnt notice. thanks for sharing (the error seems to be just on my side then).