We are working on a custom board based on APQ8016E and using Linaro-18.01.
we see some low quality in our video recording files.
We wanted to play a bit with the Venus encoder settings and it looks like most of the settings just don’t work.
Here are some issues we’ve encountered:
- QP parameters such as h264_i_frame_qp_value and h264_maximum_qp_value are ignored
- Usually first frame (and sometimes other I-frames) has way too high QP (30-35), I want to make it lower
- Best would be to have max. and min. QP for each frame type separately
- setting video_b_frames to 1 makes all frames I-frames
- possibly related (there’s a patch): https://discuss.96boards.org/t/how-to-spcify-encoding-parameters-with-v4l2h264enc-for-dragonboard-410c/3130/31
- H264_CPB_SIZE /
vbv_buffer_size / hrd_buffer_sizeis not exposed as a parameter:
- I-frames are not marked as IDR frames (keyframes):
Please guide us here.
Parth Y Shah