Compile and execute an Aarch32 program on Aarch64?

Hi Everyone,

I have a HiKey running Linaro with the 3.18.0 kernel. I believe its fully patched.

I am attempting to test some code that uses the crypto extensions under Aarch32. Compiling for Aarch32 results in an error:

$ gcc -march=armv8-a+crc -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfpu=crypto-neon-fp-armv8 -mfloat-abi=hard test.cc -o test.exe
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mfpu=crypto-neon-fp-armv8’
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mfloat-abi=hard’

The CFLAGS shown above were suggested by the GCC folks. The ar from the GCC ARM Options page (not the Aarch64 Options page). The GCC version info is shown below.

How do I compile and execute an Aarch32 program?

Thank you in advance.

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/aarch64-linux-gnu/4.9/lto-wrapper
Target: aarch64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Debian/Linaro 4.9.2-10' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,java,go,d,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.9 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.9 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-libsanitizer --disable-libquadmath --enable-plugin --with-system-zlib --disable-browser-plugin --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.9-arm64/jre --enable-java-home --with-jvm-root-dir=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.9-arm64 --with-jvm-jar-dir=/usr/lib/jvm-exports/java-1.5.0-gcj-4.9-arm64 --with-arch-directory=arm64 --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --enable-multiarch --enable-checking=release --build=aarch64-linux-gnu --host=aarch64-linux-gnu --target=aarch64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.9.2 (Debian/Linaro 4.9.2-10) 

As answered here:
https://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/linaro-toolchain/2016-July/005840.html