Can't use HDMI on DVI Monitor

Hey y’all,
I’ve been having HDMI troubles ever since I owned this board, it seems like the only display that works on this board is the giant T.V. in my living room. I have installed debian, and is currently running the latest snapshot of buster. I heard many people got their displays working again by installing debian, but no luck for me. I am using a DVI/VGA monitor, with a DVI to HDMI converter. I find it weird that it can’t support this board as the raspberry pi works right out of the box for me. Any solutions or suggestions? I’m presuming linux is quite powerful and there is some way of making it work.
Thanks,
geohd

Are you certain that it is a digital DVI?
There are 3 forms of DVI.
DVI-D → Digital
DVI-A → Analog
DVI-I → Analog+Digital

Unless its a DVI-D or DVI-I, it will not work with an HDMI source.

The easiest way to tell would be to plug the HDMI side of that DVI-to-HDMI plug into a different HDMI source, because no HDMI carries analog signals.

Note that I haven’t ever seen a monitor that was DVI-A only, so this is a bit of a shot in the dark. However, this doesn’t mean that there are none.

http://prntscr.com/llu9qa

Sorry, I’ve been blocked from posting for a couple of days due to posting a link by itself 2 days ago.
As I mentioned above, my raspberry pi which uses HDMI and also my PC which uses HDMI works fine with the DVI → HDMI adapter on my monitor. It is just the dragonboard that has HDMI issues. Any suggestions?

I don’t really understand what you are showing us with that screenshot (nor why not just copy the text to a pastebin or github gist). Can you provide a bit more context?

Currently I have a convertor from HDMI (DragonBoard 410c) to VGA by HAMA going into an old VGA/Digital-DVI monitor AG/neovo E-17DA which works without issues.

Example of HAMA can be found here Picture