Can't have boot after AOSP Flash Procedure

Good afternoon,
I have a problem with my Dragonboard 845c, after following the two official procedures:

1. Using Reference Boards  |  Android Open Source Project
  2. AOSP/db845c - Linaro Wiki
    I can’t boot the operating system and get an HDMI output.

I went through both the build and flash steps but I get nothing. The flashing procedure is completed successfully. The only anomaly is the presence in the script: “flash_all_aosp.sh” of the command: “fastboot flash vendor” $ {ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT} “/ vendor_boot.img”, the image vendo_boot.img is not present in the out folder after the build.

I also followed the flashing procedure of the pre-built images, but I got the same result.

Has anyone had the same problem as me?
Am I doing something wrong ?
After the flashing phase do I have to do something on the board845c to get the operating system to boot? The only LED on besides the power supply (Green) is the one (blue) next to the Type-C port

Hi,

vendor_boot flashing will fail safe, so don’t worry about that.
Have you connected db845c serial port (usb micro-b) to host machine? Please share the boot logs from there.
There are few known issues with 4k hdmi monitors, so try a 1080p monitor if you can.
Serial logs will definitely help narrow down the issue.

1 Like

Thank u for your help! I just go trying to installing Debian and then install AOSP and magically works!

But now i have a big problem whit camera, they don’t function on AOSP. The camera on AOSP can function ?

Thank u for your time

Basic USB camera support is there 1b1a81a5f2319049c50098a8186fdf214383c54e - device/linaro/dragonboard - Git at Google but need more work.

CAMSS driver is upstreamed as well IIRC. You can find more details here Upstream camera support for Qualcomm platforms - Linaro

Great news thank u.

I have last question: it’s possible to use camera App on AOSP running image ?
Because now doesn’t work, the app crash when i open it.

I have not tried AOSP camera App with USB camera attached. I’ll check and let you know.

thank u so much! I have a DragonBoard 845c is also possible to use the camera that are on the board ?

Hi Remper1997,

Short answer: No, the built in camera can’t be used in AOSP.

Long answer: Due to driver limitations in the Qcom ISP driver, CAMSS, the raw Bayer pixel formatted output of the ov8856 sensor is the only format that can be sent to userspace applications. This is not normally supported by userspace, and AOSP does not support it. If Debian was used, libcamera would be able to use the raw Bayer formatted images.

AOSP Camera App works with USB Cameras, and all its settings. Even multiple USB Cameras

Hello everyone. I have a problem.
I’m building AOSP 8.0.0_r11 for Pixel XL and when I flash the result zip I’m getting a bootloop.

How am I building?

1. Select java 1.8
  2. cd AOSP_8.0
  3. source build/ensetup.sh
  4. lunch aosp_marlin-userdebug
  5. make -j9 updatepackage
  6. wait a couple of hours
  7. PROFIT

I know the ROM needs vendor blobs, I have them downloaded, extracted and extracted from .sh files.

How does the bootloop look?
Power On->Message about unlocked bootloader->0.5 second of white screen with Android on it-> reboot->repeat.

How do I flash the ROM?
I tried:

1. fastboot update -w aosp_marlin-img-eng.user.zip
    and
  2. extracted everything from zip and fastboot flash --slot _a PARTITION IMG_FILE

What am I doing wrong? Did anyone have success in building AOSP for this phone?

Make clobber also cleans out configuration files, in case some of them had been created before the drivers/binaries have been extracted. Speaking of binaries again, did you install the Qualcomm ones?

My build environment is an i7 3770, with 8GB ram, and two blues in raid 0. Basically, I want to attach the AOSP flash procedure on best cloud-based ERP software in Kolkata. To get my build compiled correctly, I had to disable ninja and I used -j8.

Tomorrow, I’ll run an update and build Oreo on my machine from a clean directory and I’ll get back with times before the end after the cache is filled.

Can you, please, describe in details these things:

1. What Linux did you use for building?
  2. What revision of AOSP 8.0.0 did you download?
  3. What version of blobs did you use?
  4. Did you just download the 2 blobs .sh files to the root of the sources and execute them?
  5. What AOSP configuration did you choose for building? (I mean aosp_marlin-userdebug or aosp_marlin_svelte-userdebug or aosp-sailfish-userdebug)
  6. What command did you use for building?
  7. Did you use ccache?
  8. Did you flash Google Factory image of Oreo before flashing AOSP?
  9. What command did you use to flash?

Hope you guys help me onto this.