Can't Flash Windows 10 IoT Core

I’ve been fighting the initial setup of the Windows 10 IoT core on my Dragonboard410c all night with no luck. I’ve make sure the hardware is OK by booting and installing the DragonBoard 410c Board Recovery image from SD, which worked very well (and is also how I realized the the USB host ports and the USB OTG ports cannot both be used at the same time).

I’ve tried programming the board using both methods outlined in Microsoft’s documentation Setting up your device - Windows IoT | Microsoft Docs

When attempting to use the IoT Core Dashboard, it appears the device is never gets recognized. I never get beyond the message “To turn on Flash Mode :” even though the Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 device shows up on COM7.

When attempting to flash the eMMC using the Dragonboard Update Tool, I get Error Code 6, which shows up in the log file (extra line breaks removed):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\DragonBoardUpdateTool>type logger.txt
Dragon Update Tool Logger
Forking thread
Finding COM PORT for the device
Parsing COM port info
PORT NUMBER : COM7
---- Validating input parameters ----
Input parameters - valid
---- Basic information ----
CHIP : DragonBoard
BUILD : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft IoT\FFU\QCDB410C\flash.ffu
---- Checking if build path is accessible ----
Build file accessible
---- Checking device status ----
---- Splitting the FFU ----
Success
-p COM7 -f “C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\DragonBoardUpdateTool\mbns\8916\prog_emmc_firehose_8916_ddr.mbn” -x rawprogram0.xml -SetActivePartition 0
**** Programming the device ****
Version 2.15
Failed to write hello response back to device
Did not receive Sahara hello packet from device
!!! WARNING: Flash programmer failed to load trying to continue !!!
Programming device using SECTOR_SIZE=512

<?xml version = "1.0" ?>

ERROR CODE : 6. Failed to program the device
Total time - 00:00:05.85

I’d really like to get this board up and running using Windows 10 IoT Core - any help would be greatly appreciated.

@ericwilliams I know this response is a little late; however, it looks like the Microsoft has moved their DragonBoard 410c Windows 10 IoT Core installation instructions.

We will have to hunt these down and update on the site. If the instructions are lost, and or are proven to no longer work, we will most likely remove it as an option on the site. This is a 3rd party image, Linaro/96Boards plays no part in enabling or hosting these images or instructions…

Thanks!

Flashing FFUs as per Microsoft/Qualcomm directions works for me. I flashed several boards with various Windows IoT Core versions. Make sure you have a good power supply (12V 2AMP minimum), and try flashing with another computer to rule out virtual COMx conflicts.