Can we bypass ISP and get raw frames

Board based on the Rockchip RK3399 - ARM Cortex-A72 Dual-core up to 1.8GHz + Cortex A53 Quad-core up to 1.4GHz

I have a camera board which has a built in ISP and it outputs yuv frames through a MIPI interface.Can we disable the ISP and obtain the frames directly from the MIPI and use it instead of sending it to rockchip ISP and then get the frames from rockchip ISP.

@Aravind_Prakash I don’t think RK3399 ISP supports bypassing mode. All the CSI frames should go through ISP.

@Mani Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi @Mani ,

We are trying to support YUV camera in Rock960-ab board. By default camera gives the output of YUV format.

As you said we can’t bypass the ISP in RK3399. Is it possible to sent the YUV data from camera to ISP and receive it back as YUV data without using any block in ISP.

@Bala I don’t think the current ISP driver supports that. Maybe you need to dig in and find out.

You can enable your MIPI CSI2 camera with device tree and driver.
Then, check driver loads on kernel message (dmesg).
To setup your camera, just use media-ctl and v4l2-ctl ( v4l-utils, you can get it with apt-get ) to setup your camera resolution with pixel format ( maybe GRBG ) through rkisp1-isp-subdev.
Then you can get each frames with V4L2 APIs - MMAP or read().