Camera driver for Android

Hi ,

Does the Dragonboard410c Android release include the ov5645 camera driver? We have brought up our ov5640 module with Linux release on our AiStarVsion MIPI adapter board,we also want to verify that on Android platform.Thanks

Regards,
Kevin

Hi W
Do you have brought up ov5640 on Dragonboard 410c with Linux Debian ?
How did you connect ov5640 module to 410c board ?
How did you get the connection board ?

Thank you very much
yanzm

Hi Yan,

OV5640 module works pretty well,we have a mipi adapter for dragonboard410c.Basically we want to use this adapter to test ov7251 module for our own vision project.(For OV5640/OV5645,it seems auto focus doesn't work,and i also noticed some lens shading problem,but anyway,it's not our target sensor,i may come back to these issues when we finish the OV7251 module testing)

I've put all the information(adapter board,schematic,module spec and ov5640 driver,setting slightly different from OV5645) on github:

Regards,
Xiang

Hi W,

I found the cisphy reset will reboot the borad on Linaro Debian 16.06 version and 16.09 version,don’t you face this issue?
I add some clock resources for csiphy to fix it, if you don’t do this, I think the reboot issue maybe resulted in the HW voltage?
Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Amy

Hi Amy,

I don't have the issue you mentioned.So you are saying that this function csiphy_reset in csiphy.c will reset the whole system? In that case,i think kernal can not boot successfully,since csiphy_reset is called in kernal.So how do you identify it's due to clock resources?

Regards,
Xiang

Hi Xiang,

kernel boot successfully because of csiphy_set_power->csiphy_reset will not be called, but it will be called before you enable_stream.
I do not identify its root cause is clock resources, I only test for adding ahr_clk resource and it worked.
So I think these clock resources are needed by csiphy.

Best Regards
Amy

Hi Xiang,

Could you help to show the design of your mipi adapter? We do not understand what is we must to do for MIPI-CSI0 connect,
and we could not get stable preview stream until now, sometimes nothing.
Thanks a lot for your information.

Best Regards
Amy

Hi Amy,

You are asking for the schematic or something else? I've put everything to our GitHub repository:

If the preview is not stable,you can check if sensor is initialized properly or not,then ispif and vfe interrupt,i assume this is not due to some hardware problem,like impedance not matching

Regards,
Xiang

Hi Xiang,

I need the MIPI adapter schematic and found it in the webpage you provided,
Thanks so much for your help.

Best Regards
Amy

Hi Amy,

Did you bring up some raw image sensor on dragonboard or any other qualcomm processor? I am doing some debug for ov7251 module(640*480@100fps),the raw frame i got is always 640*480*10/8,is this normal ? Thanks,

Xiang

Hi Xiang,

We used HDMI2CSI board as YUV sensor, do not bring up any raw sensor
until now.

Best Regards
Amy

在 2017/3/2 2:18, W 写道:

Good to know,thanks very much,Amy!