Build openjdk with openembedded in dragonboard

Hi ,

I tried to build with bitbake the openjdk-8 layer from linaro aarm64 . Is anybody of you was able to build this ? I’m running out to build error all the time . Also is there any other support for openjdk than linaro for aarm64 which could be build ?

Is that still there? I thought we had killed that off some time ago!

As best as I remember this the “right thing to do” is to delete openjdk-8 from meta-aarch64 and use the version in meta-java instead. The last time we looked into this meta-java/openjdk-8 didn’t support aarch64 (which didn’t stop it being the right thing to do… it just meant more work was needed).

Thankfully it looks like Andre Draszik has recently fixed this:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-java/commit/?id=0325253a995039f70836c6d6d98e6cb315fa297f

Hi yes I saw that also today . Anyway I tried to build meta-java but I don’t know why It’s try to build the 162b12 . and not the 161b15 for which the support for aarm64 is added . Do you know how to set up the build correct ?

Hi yes I saw that also today . Anyway I tried to build meta-java but I don’t know why It’s try to build the 162b12 . and not the 161b15 for which the support for aarm64 is added . Do you know how to set up the build correct ?

It looks to me like the changes are only available on the master branch.
Is that what you are building (if you are using rocko or pyro then you
will need to backport)?

yes I tried the master branch for the meta-java I’m not sure if this actually work or my my image configure is wrong … so it’s try all the build the 162b12 which has no support for aarm64.

if you have a backport that can benefits others, i am happy to take your patch against meta-backports.git - [no description], check the README file for contribution recommendations (README - meta-backports.git - [no description])

Hey, I am working with an embedded Aarch64 linux system as well (not Dragonboard, but using a similar Yocto setup), and I have this same issue.
Looks like mszczypta never posted their backport… I am new to Yocto and Linaro, and would not know where to start to make a backport like that. Is there any resource that could help me through the process? I’m not finding much documentation or discussion elsewhere online pertaining to this subject.