Build AOSP 8.0.0_r34 on Hikey960

Hello,

I just discovered that Hikey960 is now part of AOSP 8.0.0_r34 release, while it was up to now only in master branch.
I am really interested by such fix image.

However, I have a build issue. Did I make something wrong ?

> frameworks/native/services/surfaceflinger/DisplayHardware/FramebufferSurface.cpp:180:18: error: no member named 'setClientTarget' in 'android::HWComposer'
>             mHwc.setClientTarget(mDisplayType, outSlot, outFence, outBuffer, outDataspace);
>             ~~~~ ^
> frameworks/native/services/surfaceflinger/DisplayHardware/FramebufferSurface.cpp:180:48: error: use of undeclared identifier 'outSlot'
>             mHwc.setClientTarget(mDisplayType, outSlot, outFence, outBuffer, outDataspace);
>                                                ^
> frameworks/native/services/surfaceflinger/DisplayHardware/FramebufferSurface.cpp:180:78: error: use of undeclared identifier 'outDataspace'
>                                                                              ^
> 3 errors generated.

I use arm-hikey960-OPR-cf4e0c80.tgz

build setup:
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch hikey960-userdebug
make -j24

Thanks in advance !

have you tried oreo-dr3-release branch?

@ric96

No I did not.
I can see with gitk that in framework/native, both oreo-r3-release and 8.0.0_r34 are aligned.
But when I execute my repo command, oreo-r3-release, it is not recognized at platform/manifest level.

What kind of test do you want me to do ?

Jean-Marc

Afaik, just wait for now. I’ve only ever used the master branch.

I have got the same error with all 8.0.0-r*

It’s in r33 and r34 only and not anymore from r35 onwards so not sure if it was included by accident?

Was told that no one is testing these tagged builds/releases on hikey960 so they aren’t supported. Please use master branch only for now.

its on 8.1 now, but its very old code

Thanx for the Info.
The problem is between my ears :wink:

How i can build a older version (like 8.0.0) as the master for testing with the board?
Is there a howto or tutorial available? For noobs like i am?

How i can build a older version (like 8.0.0) as the master for testing with the board?

There hasn’t been an actual release that includes the hikey960 so there’s not any older version to build. When P is released, you can then build it as an ‘older’ version (compared to master). Build instructions would be the same as https://source.android.com/setup/devices#960hikey except that you would specify -b <some older version release tag/branch> instead of -b master.

1 Like

Thank you very much, now i understood :slight_smile:

For the older board 620 it is possible to build a 8.0.0 Version, right?

You’re welcome.

For the older board 620 it is possible to build a 8.0.0 Version, right?

It’s possible. I’m not sure though how well tested is each of the branches/tags for hikey. Will try to get back to you on that.

1 Like

So for now, it’s best to stick with master to ensure that you have the latest fixes and updates for the board. Development is done on the master branch so an older tag/branch might contain old code and is usually not tested specifically for the board.

Just a crazy idea here, but you may be able to build a release branch if you pull device/linaro/* from master. I’d probably be inclined to start with 8.1.0_r1, being that it is likely closest to master and definitely can boot the 960 as-is (just with terrible performance).

1 Like

@wolfschus Suggestion from @doitright (thanks) is good to try if that’s what you want to do.