Audio Support in Automotive 820c build

Hi @doitright, Does Automotive 820c build support Audio functionality?
while booting up, I can see the log

01-01 00:00:28.893 0 0 I init : Command ‘start vendor.audio-hal-4-0-msd’ action=init.svc.audioserver=running (/system/etc/init/audioserver.rc:34) took 0ms and failed: service vendor.audio-hal-4-0-msd not found
01-01 00:00:28.902 0 0 I init : Command ‘start vendor.audio-hal-2-0’ action=init.svc.audioserver=running (/system/etc/init/audioserver.rc:36) took 0ms and failed: service vendor.audio-hal-2-0 not found
01-01 00:00:28.919 0 0 I init : Command ‘start audio-hal-2-0’ action=init.svc.audioserver=running (/system/etc/init/audioserver.rc:37) took 0ms and failed: service audio-hal-2-0 not found

There are different versions of audio hal in aosp. Those logs pertain to 2.0 and 4.0. The hal in my source is 3.0.

Audio support in my repository requires this hardware; Aprax Board Designs

It means, AOSP-Automotive / pinned manifests · GitLab
doesnt support Audio HAL 2.0 & 4.0? Also, I could not see anything 3.0. Could you please provide me link to extract the source.

@doitright, Is it not possible to use the standard/default Audio driver for this build? If so, how would I enable this

Unless you want to write one, there is no “standard/default audio driver”. Android is… much more highly dependent on the audio system than a standard Linux distribution, therefore the connections between Android and the audio driver are very custom to the hardware.

You can certainly reconfigure the dts to change the audio device(s) presented by the kernel, and adjust my audio HAL to work with it, but at the end of the day, the HAL I wrote is made to work with the hardware I work with.

FYI: I set it up so that one Audio device is the bluetooth chip, and another audio device is the custom hardware I designed that is connected to the I2S port on the LS connector.