Audio on yocto in DB410c

Hi,

I am trying to test audio on yocto build(jethro branch). I have not connected HDMI. Is there any speaker/microphone on DB410c? When I try to play audio I dont hear any sound and when I try to record I get error message.

root@dragonboard-410c:~# aplay Carina.wav
Playing WAVE ‘Carina.wav’ : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

root@dragonboard-410c:~# arecord -d 5 -f dat test-mic.wav
arecord: main:730: audio open error: No such file or directory

I connected an external speaker as given in the following thread:

But I do not hear audio when I play. Has anybody tried audio in yocto build?

root@dragonboard-410c:~# aplay Sceptrum.wav
Playing WAVE ‘Sceptrum.wav’ : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

In order to verify my speaker and headset connection, I put android on my DB410c. I can see that audio is working in it. So I think the problem is in yocto.

@kiranecjc can you please tell me how you will hear audio in dragonboard 410c having android as when i was connecting i was not able to hear any sound ? Do i have to do any changes for that so that i can hear audio in db410c? It will be highly appreciated if you provide the solution .

Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry @ren_snappy but I’m really confused. In the last three hours you’ve posted that:

• your board doesn’t boot
  • you cannot get the display working
  • when you boot debian you cannot find any bluetooth icon on the
    display
  • that you are running android and cannot get adb to work
  • that you are have trouble following the board recovery instructions
  • that you can’t get audio to work in yocto/openembedded
  • that you can’t get GPS to work in debian
  • that you have hooked up a DHT11 but don’t know how to talk to it

I’m afraid this is simply too much for me to comprehend and your observations are spread across lots of fairly old forum topics which makes it difficult to connect the dots.

Please do not post any further on this topic unless the people you tagged above choose to engage in the conversation with you. In fact I think it is best that, for the next few days, you simply avoid replying to any existing topics.

Instead please start a new topic carefully describing the symptoms your observe and we will try to help.