AOSP TV on Hikey960 - Live TV priv-app is not working

Hi all,

Although Hikey 960 is officially supported by Google, the AOSP TV version on “master” branch is not stable. More importantly, the LiveTV app is not working. Thus, we cannot apply the Google Sample Input app as well.

Please help to let me know if you know any development branch that can fix this problem, or if you have any solution to resolve it.

Below is the issue I’ve seen so far:
01-05 19:35:04.668 4490 4490 E LoadedApk: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn’t find class “android.support.v4.app.CoreComponentFactory” on path: DexPathList[[zip file “/system/priv-app/LiveTv/LiveTv.apk”],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/system/priv-app/LiveTv/lib/arm64, /system/priv-app/LiveTv/LiveTv.apk!/lib/arm64-v8a, /system/lib64, /system/lib64]]

Thank you,
Nhat

I can’t help you with the live tv application. It may not be getting as much love or support as you like simply because I can’t imagine too much interest in it.

As far as the lack of stability of master branch, that goes without saying, after all, it is the master branch. One moment it could build, the next not. One moment it may boot, the next not. If you want something that has been moderately tested (builds, boots, and basic functionality probably working), then I suggest you use one of the “known good” manifests, which are snapshots of master at specific moments that have been tested.