Android not showing up after flashing


#1

Hi,
I am trying to bring Android to my Dragonboard, but with no luck so far.
Flashing via microSD card works well, but then after rebooting the display remains black.

Due to some other posts I already tried several different Android versions, in detail #99 #118 and #128. All of them, flashing worked fine, reset the S6 to 0-0-0-0, removed SDCard and rebooted the board. Then just a green led lights up for some seconds…that’s it, nothing is showing up on the HDMI-display.
I now connected the board via ADB, the output of “dmesg” shows the following, which looks odd for me:

[   80.346529] init: Service 'fuse_uicc0' (pid 1912) killing any children in process group
[   81.356868] init: Starting service 'ims_rtp_daemon'...
[   81.373402] init: Service 'ims_rtp_daemon' (pid 1914) exited with status 1
[   81.379276] init: Service 'ims_rtp_daemon' (pid 1914) killing any children in process group
[   85.394802] init: Warning!  Service fuse_uicc0 needs a SELinux domain defined; please fix!
[   85.402052] init: Starting service 'fuse_uicc0'...
[   85.423283] init: Service 'fuse_uicc0' (pid 1915) exited with status 1
[   85.428824] init: Service 'fuse_uicc0' (pid 1915) killing any children in process group
[   86.441284] init: Starting service 'ims_rtp_daemon'...
[   86.459415] init: Service 'ims_rtp_daemon' (pid 1916) exited with status 1
[   86.465996] init: Service 'ims_rtp_daemon' (pid 1916) killing any children in process group
[   88.214440] mmc0: Starting deferred resume
[   88.320680] mmc0: Deferred resume completed
[   88.381174] lowmemorykiller: Killing 'com.android.mms' (1704), adj 1000,
[   88.381174]    to free 34648kB on behalf of 'kswapd0' (98) because
[   88.381174]    cache 297480kB is below limit 322560kB for oom_score_adj 1000
[   88.381174]    Free memory is 33244kB above reserved.
[   88.381174]    Free CMA is 165872kB
[   88.381174]    Total reserve is 31608kB
[   88.381174]    Total free pages is 199116kB
[   88.381174]    Total file cache is 301116kB
[   88.381174]    Slab Reclaimable is 15956kB
[   88.381174]    Slab UnReclaimable is 97340kB
[   88.381174]    Total Slab is 113296kB
[   88.381174]    GFP mask is 0xd0
[   90.481280] init: Warning!  Service fuse_uicc0 needs a SELinux domain defined; please fix!
[   90.488994] init: Starting service 'fuse_uicc0'...
[   90.507901] init: Service 'fuse_uicc0' (pid 1930) exited with status 1
[   90.513552] init: Service 'fuse_uicc0' (pid 1930) killing any children in process group
[   91.525533] init: Starting service 'ims_rtp_daemon'...
[   91.542037] init: Service 'ims_rtp_daemon' (pid 1931) exited with status 1
[   91.548335] init: Service 'ims_rtp_daemon' (pid 1931) killing any children in process group
[   95.563650] init: Warning!  Service fuse_uicc0 needs a SELinux domain defined; please fix!
[   95.570906] init: Starting service 'fuse_uicc0'...
[   95.592992] init: Service 'fuse_uicc0' (pid 1932) exited with status 1
[   95.599101] init: Service 'fuse_uicc0' (pid 1932) killing any children in process group
[   96.610879] init: Starting service 'ims_rtp_daemon'...
[   96.628484] init: Service 'ims_rtp_daemon' (pid 1933) exited with status 1
[   96.634553] init: Service 'ims_rtp_daemon' (pid 1933) killing any children in process group
[  100.650073] init: Warning!  Service fuse_uicc0 needs a SELinux domain defined; please fix!
[  100.657775] init: Starting service 'fuse_uicc0'...

Hence, lots of SELinux stuff, several ‘lowmemorykiller’ entries and a loooot of ‘fuse_uicc0’/‘ims_rtp_daemon’ killing messages.
What to do to get Android up and running on the board ?!?!

Any help highly appreciated, thanks…


#2

I’m a bit rusty with Android on DB410C (I mostly use Debian on this board) but I think this may be “normal”. I’m afraid I have only a foggy recollection of what normal is but IIRC the console output was a bit “scary looking”. If the shell is there when you press Return then running “logcat” may give deeper visibility of what is going on.

Also what display device are you using? Android uses a fixed video mode so it is pretty picky about which monitors it works (the installer uses the same graphics stack as debian and has much wider monitor support).


#3

Hi geko,

I have encountered the same situation, and I found if I erase all partitions then it works!

sudo fastboot erase DDR
sudo fastboot erase aboot
sudo fastboot erase abootbak
sudo fastboot erase boot
sudo fastboot erase cache
sudo fastboot erase config
sudo fastboot erase devinfo
sudo fastboot erase fsc
sudo fastboot erase fsg
sudo fastboot erase hyp
sudo fastboot erase hypbak
sudo fastboot erase keystore
sudo fastboot erase misc
sudo fastboot erase modem
sudo fastboot erase modemst1
sudo fastboot erase modemst2
sudo fastboot erase oem
sudo fastboot erase persist
sudo fastboot erase recovery
sudo fastboot erase rpm
sudo fastboot erase rpmbak
sudo fastboot erase sbl1
sudo fastboot erase sbl1bak
sudo fastboot erase sec
sudo fastboot erase ssd
sudo fastboot erase system
sudo fastboot erase tz
sudo fastboot erase tzbak
sudo fastboot erase userdata


Dragonboard not booting up with only Bluetooth LED turned ON
Device is locked
Android 6.0.1 build only boots to recovery mode
#4

This is brilliant!. I had a board that wouldn’t run Android. I ran all of the above erase commands, then reloaded the board from SDCard and it now runs Android.

I think I know how I got the board into the state where it wouldn’t run. I had previously loaded Linaro Debian Linux on the board, then I tried to change it back to Android.

Full Disclosure. I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expresssed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.