AGL on Dragonboard 865 Mobile Hardware Development Kit

Hi everyone

I am trying to build Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) for Dragonboard865c. There is no support for this board on meta-qcom layer. Is there any possibility to make some tweaks to this layer to support 865 or else how can i create a new layer for this board. Please help.

Thank you

I don’t believe there is any board with this name. The RB3 had two names for historical reasons (RB3 and Dragonboard 845C) but the RB5 is just called the RB5. This board is already supported in meta-qcom and forms the basis of the released images for the RB5: https://releases.linaro.org/96boards/rb5/linaro/openembedded/latest/

Sorry for the mistake. I mean Snapdragon 865 Mobile Hardware Development Kit.(Snapdragon 865 Mobile Hardware Development Kit - Qualcomm Developer Network). I was trying to build AGL for this board. How can i get available resources for this board like bsp, yocto support.

Thank you

the 865 HDK is very close to the RB5. So you should be able to leverage the RB5 machine from meta-qcom a lot. Also I would take a proper patch which adds a machine for the 865 HDK if you send it.

Hi,

While i was trying to build AGL for RB5, I am repeatedly getting following errors.

I included qrb5165-rb5.dtb line in Makefile in “arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom” folder.

• ERROR: Task (/home/temp/lucky_agl/bsp/meta-qcom/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-linaro-qcomlt_5.7.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code ‘1’

ERROR: arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/pm8150.dtsi:12.1-10 Label or path spmi_bus not found

ERROR: arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/pm8150.dtsib:11.1-10 Label or path spmi_bus not found
ERROR: arch/arm64/boot/dts/qcom/pm8150.dtsil:11.1-10 Label or path spmi_bus not found

Thanks

Hi,

Please help me with the yocto issue.

Thanks

The reference OE images are based around v5.13. I suspect the problem most likely results from attempting to build a v5.7 kernel. What happens when you select the v5.13 Kern instead?

Hi danielt,

I am facing " linux-linaro-qcomlt_5.13.bb:do_unpack: fetcher failure error" . I had installed and updated yocto build utilities before bitbake. Still i am facing above issue.

Thanks,
Anirudh

Can you please provide details about how you are setting up your build environment, which branch/version of layers you are using?

and if possible the entire build log.