410C Linaro release 15.07 wifi working?

Hi all,

Linaro linux 15.07 is available.

can anyone have tested wifi with Dragonboard 410C with new linux release???

yes. are you trying to report any specific issue here?
thanks.

Hi ndec,

I just want to know that wifi is working in new release of Linux 15.07.
because in my case it’s not working…

thanks.

I also have an issue on wifi. My board is Android version. When I turn on the wifi, nothing happen (keep searching while there are lot of APs). When I hit back, then the setting is back to off somehow.

Thanks.

as per the release notes, WIFI is working in 15.07. If it doesn’t work for you, please provide detailled info about the failure, your setup, … here or on the bugzilla.
thanks

this topic is about wifi in Linux/Ubuntu 15.07 release. You seem to be facing another issue, since you are using Android. Can you please create a new topic with detailed information about your error and setup?
thanks

Hi ndec,

I am flashing Dragonboard 410C with compiled boot.img of Linux new release.
and i did not find any wlan node.

so I see in the kernel logs i found something like this that my wifi chip driver probe failed.
[ 1.886374] wcnss: IRIS Reg: 0x51120004
[ 1.915908] subsys-pil-tz a21b000.qcom,pronto: Direct firmware load for wcnss.mdt failed with error -2
[ 1.915988] subsys-pil-tz a21b000.qcom,pronto: wcnss: Failed to locate wcnss.mdt
[ 1.924247] wcn36xx-msm: probe of a000000.qcom,wcn36xx failed with error -2

is this the reason that my wifi is not working???

hi,
yes, that would explain why wlan doesn’t work.

Have you tried with the boot .img file from the release or are you recompiling it yourself? How did you flash your board?

Hi,
yes, wifi is working with the boot.img from the release.

but when i compile the source of linux 15.07 and flash the board with compiled boot.img,
then in that case wifi is not working and i am getting following error logs.

[ 1.886374] wcnss: IRIS Reg: 0x51120004
[ 1.915908] subsys-pil-tz a21b000.qcom,pronto: Direct firmware load for wcnss.mdt failed with error -2
[ 1.915988] subsys-pil-tz a21b000.qcom,pronto: wcnss: Failed to locate wcnss.mdt
[ 1.924247] wcn36xx-msm: probe of a000000.qcom,wcn36xx failed with error -2

well, then you might be doing something wrong , it would really help if you give more details about what you are doing, how you config’d and built the kernel, and how you created the boot image.

Hi ndec,

once again i am trying to compile WCNXX driver statically. but it is given as module in defconfig.

so when i compiled WCNXX driver as a module and load it.

Wifi is working in linux release 15.07

thanks ndec.