Yocto / Gstreamer 1.0 / MPEG-2 AAC decoder missing

I have installed the good/bad gstreamer plugin libs. It appears there is no AAC support in these. What package should I be using to get AAC support?

Also when building gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2 I get an error:
WARNING: gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL file://0001-introspection.m4-prefix-pkgconfig-paths-with-PKG_CON.patch, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Unable to find file file://0001-introspection.m4-prefix-pkgconfig-paths-with-PKG_CON.patch anywhere.

To enable faad:

local.conf
PACKAGECONFIG_pn-gstreamer-1.0-plugins-bad-faad = “faad”

image.bb
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-faad \

I think this is better:
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad = " faad"

Gstreamer decodes an AAC source with this.

Hello,

Have you done anything for the warning (patch missing?). I think this is a bug that needs to be fixed. To avoid the build to fail I add an empty file with the name of the missing patch in the meta-qcom/receipes-multimedia/gstreamer/files (this patch is already applied in oe/meta/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer).

Jérôme.

The issue with gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2 is out standing, and needs to be fixed.

hi,

we just merged in our sample distro:

so that we have gst libav plugins by default, that should take care of AAC, i believe.

it was merged for the krogoth manifest branch. However I am not completely sure what your build setup/env is. So any additional details you can provide would help (typically for OE issues, if you can paste the output of the bitbake command that helps a lot).

This is the issue with v4l2 from master of “https://github.com/ndechesne/meta-qcom”. The patch file is getting appended to the SRC_URI in gstreamer1.0.inc:

SRC_URI_append = " \
    file://0001-introspection.m4-prefix-pkgconfig-paths-with-PKG_CON.patch \
"

joel@pencil:~/osplat/gdp-src-build$ bitbake gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2
WARNING: /home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2.bb: Unable to get checksum for gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2 SRC_URI entry 0001-introspection.m4-prefix-pkgconfig-paths-with-PKG_CON.patch: file could not be found
Parsing recipes: 100% |###################| Time: 00:00:22
Parsing of 1909 .bb files complete (0 cached, 1909 parsed). 2506 targets, 352 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION = “1.30.0”
BUILD_SYS = “x86_64-linux”
NATIVELSBSTRING = “Ubuntu-16.04”
TARGET_SYS = “aarch64-poky-linux”
MACHINE = “dragonboard-410c”
DISTRO = “poky-ivi-systemd”
DISTRO_VERSION = “11.0+snapshot-20161026”
TUNE_FEATURES = “aarch64”
TARGET_FPU = “”
meta
meta-yocto
meta-yocto-bsp = “HEAD:85df15be16380bc448316f1a5d19b2303175a6af”
meta-oe
meta-filesystems
meta-qcom = “master:6fcad00a36751d69f4c85b32917ef9e73087a284”

NOTE: Preparing RunQueue
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
WARNING: gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL file://0001-introspection.m4-prefix-pkgconfig-paths-with-PKG_CON.patch, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Unable to find file file://0001-introspection.m4-prefix-pkgconfig-paths-with-PKG_CON.patch anywhere. The paths that were searched were:
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/metacommon/m4/introspection.m-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0/poky-ivi-systemd
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2/poky-ivi-systemd
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/files/poky-ivi-systemd
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0/aarch64
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2/aarch64
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/files/aarch64
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0/dragonboard-410c
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2/dragonboard-410c
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/files/dragonboard-410c
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0/apq8016
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2/apq8016
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/files/apq8016
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0/aarch64
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2/aarch64
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/files/aarch64
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0/
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2/
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/files/
/home/joel/downloads
ERROR: gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2-1.0-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: ‘file://0001-introspection.m4-prefix-pkgconfig-paths-with-PKG_CON.patch’. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.30810
ERROR: Task 4 (/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code ‘1’
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1114 tasks of which 1109 didn’t need to be rerun and 1 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/joel/osplat/gdp-src-build/…/meta-qcom/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-v4l2.bb, do_fetch
Summary: There were 2 WARNING messages shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

the v4l2 plugin has just been removed from master branch, as i want to deprecate it anyways…