Where is wifi driver module file?

what’s the ko file name? where does it locate?

I don’t know WIFI driver, but in theory the wifi driver module files should be located in:

ls -l /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ti/wl18xx/
ls -l /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ti/wlcore/

You sure its built as module and not built in? Check the kernel config and look at if it says “y” (built-in) or “m” (module) for that driver.

What operating system are you using?
If Android, it is DEFINITELY built-in.

Thanks very much. I am using android system. No /lib/modules folder.

I am using android system. I am not sure it’s module or build in. My question comes with iwconfig. I compiled an iwconfig command. But all the outputs are ‘no wireless extentions’. I searched online, someone mentioned it’s driver installed improper issue.

Any help about ‘no wiress extentions’ ?

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Jasmine Gu

As I said, its built in.

Why are you trying to use iwconfig on Android?

I need to set wifi chip to master (AP) mode. If not use iwconfig, any other way I can do it?

Thanks,
Jasmine Gu

System settings → Network & Internet → Hotspot & tethering → Wi-Fi hotspot

That’s the first issue I posted here :stuck_out_tongue: When I turn tethering, the switch just get back to grey, then back the privious page, under hotspot, there is a line said Error.

Have you tried a different build? What kernel version are you running? What errors are in the logs?

last post is:

I attached logs there.

I follow the reference document, downloaded the latest source code and compiled the images and kernel.

Try building from older manifests;

Edit: APRIL 24th MANIFEST definitely has working AP/Hotspot. Just tested it.

1 Like

I will try it. Thanks very much for the help.

Regards,
Jasmine Gu

Tried the know-good-manifests, the latest one. Worked. Both station and hotspot works fine.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Jasmine Gu

1 Like