Valueerror invalid gpio pin specified

i have tried to run the command
p=mraa.Gpio(24)
the error that is displayed says
ValueError: Invalid GPIO pin specified.

Please tell me what I must do. I am a complete newbie to embedded systems.

Hello,

Please provide the following info for nailing down the issue:

1. Linaro debian release version
  2. Mraa version

If you are using latest debian and latest Mraa, then there might be some issues with Chardev support in gpio for Mraa. I will submit a patch in next few days for fixing that.

Thanks,
Mani

Thank you for the quick reply.
My Debian version is 9.4 and the mraa version is 1.9.0
So I guess both are latest versions. Could you please tell me when and form where must I install the new mraa version.
Thanks
Rahul

HI Mani,
Has the update been made?

Hi @rahulpelluri,

Sorry for the delay. Can you please post the log from mraa?

It can be obtained by the following command:

$ tail -n 100 /var/log/syslog

-Mani

Mar 30 14:02:02 linaro-alip libmraa[2373]: libmraa version v1.9.0 initialised by user ‘linaro’ with EUID 1000
Mar 30 14:02:02 linaro-alip libmraa[2373]: imraa: Failed to open lock file
Mar 30 14:02:02 linaro-alip libmraa[2373]: libmraa initialised for platform ‘DB410C’ of type 9

Mar 30 14:02:02 linaro-alip libmraa[2373]: libmraa version v1.9.0 initialised by user ‘linaro’ with EUID 1000

Mar 30 14:02:02 linaro-alip libmraa[2373]: imraa: Failed to open lock file

Mar 30 14:02:02 linaro-alip libmraa[2373]: libmraa initialised for platform ‘DB410C’ of type 9

Looks like there is no issue with Chardev implementation. Can you please try to build and install mraa from source? Instructions can be found in the below guide:

Then try to run some sample examples:

Thanks,
Mani

Hi Mani,
I have tried what you have asked me to. It didnt work. I have even reinstalled the operating system and have tried again. I am not even able to access the GPIO pins from the command line. What could be the issue. There was a pre installed mraa package in the OS and it also did not work on the python commands.

Did the issue get solved? I am also getting the same error as
module ‘mraa’ has no attribute ‘Gpio’

@Peeyush_Tekriwal Please try to build and install mraa from source as mentioned in the guide

I have done that and it is built. Why is it showing the error now? My kernel version is 4.14.0