Using mraa on Dragonboard 410c

I had to build a new system so I have done it with the latest download from the 96boards site. I did the Fastboot files from:

After installing the new OS I did the following:

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt install git build-essential swig3.0 python3-dev cmake
git clone https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa.git
cd mraa
mkdir build
cd build/
cmake -DBUILDSWIG=ON \
      -DBUILDSWIGPYTHON=ON \
      -DBUILDSWIGNODE=OFF \
      -DBUILDSWIGJAVA=OFF \
      -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
make
sudo make install

I have done the tests from above with the following results:

linaro@linaro-alip:~/mraa/build$ uname -a
Linux linaro-alip 4.14.0-qcomlt-arm64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 30 04:14:16 UTC 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux
linaro@linaro-alip:~/mraa/build$ sudo python3
Python 3.7.3 (default, Apr  3 2019, 05:39:12) 
[GCC 8.3.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import mraa
>>> mraa.getPlatformName()
'DB410C'
>>> mraa.__file__
'/usr/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/mraa.py'
>>> exit()

It seems to be working fine. Are you able to wipe your board and start again?

I won’t be able to wipe my board clean as there are other systems already running on it. Will it help if I cleared the mraa folder and download and build it again? However, if it has anything to do with some configurations already made in the present python then it won’t work I guess

Will it help if I clear the mraa directory and reinstall it and rebuild it?

We have helped you established that the C mraa interface is working on your system and it is only the Python interface that isn’t.
I have established that there is no issue with the Python mraa interface with the latest kernel.
So I think it is over to you to establish what you have done to your system to cause it to fail.
Removing mraa and re-installing seems a sensible next step.
As we cannot reproduce your issue it is difficult for us to help unless you can say what steps we need to take to reproduce your issues

Based on the help received, I removed mraa and re installed it again step-by-step and it’s finally working now. Thank you all.

2 Likes

Hey. I know this issue is closed but I wanted to ask some questions. In using interrupts from the mraa library it calls a function which is the ISR. Now in microcontrollers we have a watchdog due to which we cannot have heavy ISR and can max change flag values. Is it true for this system only?

I compiled mraa from sources.
I tried ‘import mraa’ but it said ‘no module named mraa’

Can we install a prebuilt package? library and python package?