Some wireless issue with current Linux 4.4 kernel


#1

There seems to be a small issue with wireless. It works but dmesg is flooded with the following messages:

[142240.887170] dhd_tcpdata_info_get 1092: No more free tdata_psh_info!!
[142240.902190] _tdata_psh_info_pool_deq 200: Out of tdata_disc_grp
[142240.902216] dhd_tcpdata_info_get 1092: No more free tdata_psh_info!!
[142240.917179] _tdata_psh_info_pool_deq 200: Out of tdata_disc_grp
[142240.917206] dhd_tcpdata_info_get 1092: No more free tdata_psh_info!!
[142240.935494] _tdata_psh_info_pool_deq 200: Out of tdata_disc_grp
[142240.935520] dhd_tcpdata_info_get 1092: No more free tdata_psh_info!!
[142241.139611] _tdata_psh_info_pool_deq 200: Out of tdata_disc_grp
[142241.139638] dhd_tcpdata_info_get 1092: No more free tdata_psh_info!!


#2

hmm…

which image are you running? i didn’t notice the print before…


#3

I am using the Ubuntu 16.04 image. Wireless is started by

/sbin/wpa_supplicant -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-wlan0.conf -Dnl80211,wext -iwlan0

wpa_supplicant is controlled by systemd-networkd (I borrowed this configuration from Ubuntu 18.04).

Maybe there is a problem with the parameters e.g. drivers I am using here? Should it work (in another way atm) without this issue?


#4

hmm…

The following command works fine here, can you try to remove wext?

wpa_supplicant -B -Dnl80211 -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa.conf

or

nmcli dev wifi connect "wifi-hotspot-name" password "xxxx"

nmcli works better since it will automatically connect after first time input the wifi hotspot name and password.


#5

I tried your first command manually but this did not improve anything. So I thought there must be still something active that interferes with the otherwise working configuration and I removed “wext” from the configuration permanently and rebooted the system. When I did this in the beginning the errors still showed up and then the following (for me) quite strange things happened:

[ 50.260689] _tdata_psh_info_pool_deq 200: Out of tdata_disc_grp
[ 50.260710] dhd_tcpdata_info_get 1092: No more free tdata_psh_info!!
[ 50.275884] _tdata_psh_info_pool_deq 200: Out of tdata_disc_grp
[ 50.275904] dhd_tcpdata_info_get 1092: No more free tdata_psh_info!!
[ 421.074917] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: All phases bad!
[ 421.074946] mmc2: tuning execution failed
[ 421.075447] bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Read byte F1:@0x1001f=ff, Err: -5
[ 421.078613] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: All phases bad!
[ 421.078632] mmc2: tuning execution failed
[ 421.079148] bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Read byte F1:@0x1001f=ff, Err: -5
[ 421.081317] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: All phases bad!
[ 421.081343] mmc2: tuning execution failed
[ 421.081722] bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Write byte F1:@0x1001f=00, Err: -5
[ 421.084934] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: All phases bad!
[ 421.084951] mmc2: tuning execution failed
[ 421.085402] bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Write byte F1:@0x1001f=00, Err: -5
[ 421.088630] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: All phases bad!
[ 421.088647] mmc2: tuning execution failed
[ 421.089188] bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Write byte F1:@0x1001f=00, Err: -5
[ 421.091313] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: All phases bad!
[ 421.091330] mmc2: tuning execution failed
[ 421.091710] bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Read byte F1:@0x1001f=ff, Err: -5
[ 421.094636] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: All phases bad!
[ 421.094655] mmc2: tuning execution failed
[ 421.095089] bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Read byte F1:@0x1001f=ff, Err: -5
[ 421.098034] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: All phases bad!
[ 421.098048] mmc2: tuning execution failed
[ 421.098416] bcmsdh_sdmmc: Failed to Read byte F1:@0x1001f=ff, Err: -5
[ 421.279552] dwmmc_rockchip fe310000.dwmmc: Successfully tuned phase to 235

After that I rebooted the system a second time and it looked really promising that these errors were gone. But after a few minutes all content of dmesg is now filled with these messages again :frowning: