ROCK960C Availability

Hi,
Does anyone know what the current availability is like for the ROCK960C board, or whether it is even still in production?

Surprisingly this board has been unavailable for a VERY long time. I too thought it was dead. But today I looked on amazon.ca and it was available. It is still listed as unavailable on the Vamrs store, so I don’t know the real status.

On a related question. The ‘latest’ downloadable binaries for the Rock960 board(s) is Ubuntu 16.04. Where can I find the latest builds for this board, Or can I make my own build and install it on the board?

I suspect those are the latest images available from the vendor.

Making your own build is certainly possible, a lot the RK3399 drivers are upstream. The “trick” is probably finding something to start from. The best approach might be to continue this work: https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/4373 .

This PR was withdrawn before it was merged so you’d have to do a bit of git wrangling but it is good for highlighting the relatively small changes you need to make to image generators like armbian to adapt them to new boards.

PS I also noticed a patch in the PR that looks like it disables WiFi so there is likely still work to do after getting the basics in place.