Reading GPS coordinates on DB410c - GNU/Linux Debian and gpsmon

Hello,

I know this topìc as already been threated here but I am having little problems reading GPS coordinates from the onboard WGR7640 RF receiver.

The Debian image installed is the 252 img (installed last week, now is labeled 260), but I think that the GPS patches and implementations have been already included into 252 version.

After reading the official instructions here at section Using the onboard GPS, I installed the suggested packages, I can see /dev/ttyGPS0 but running gpsmon just gives this output:

tcp://localhost:2947          JSON slave driver>
(84) {"class":"VERSION","release":"3.16","rev":"3.16-4","proto_major":3,"proto_minor":11}
(111) {"class":"DEVICES","devices":[{"class":"DEVICE","path":"/dev/ttyGPS0","activated":"2017-08-21T10:20:05.680Z"}]}
(122) {"class":"WATCH","enable":true,"json":false,"nmea":false,"raw":2,"scaled":false,"timing":false,"split24":false,"pps":true}

without any additional information.

Do I need to edit / apply some configuration file before reading from the on-board GPS receiver ?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Simon

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem here!

The following way to get the work done by the following for the usrer to getting the gps coordinates on DB410c where the GNU /linux Debian and the gpsmon for the reson to facilated the part to canon error b200 need to fixed it.