[Question]-So is that it? DB820C is dead?

Product page no longer says that the part isn’t available for ordering. Now its gone completely to 404.

Hi

Apologies for the 404 link - we are working on an updated version of original 820c 96Boards which will be available soon. Please stay tuned.

Thanks
Yang

Are you with Arrow?
If so, are any special provisions being made to actually get it in stock in a reasonable time and keep it in stock? The 820c was a complete disappointment in terms of availability. It was late shipping (over a year), didn’t stay in stock, and was only restocked a couple of times.

Is this “updated” version the 845c that I see listed as a channel name in 96boards discuss?

Hi

No, I am responsible for 96Boards in Linaro.

You are right - 820c has had many issues in terms of availability for reasons out of our ability to influence. We are actively working with 96Boards partners for a re-launch of the board with general availability to fix in mind. There is no excuse - we are sorry about the situation of this product and we will fix this.

Upcoming 820c is different to 845c product. Please stay tuned for the launch of board product.

Thanks
Yang

Is there any indication of timelines for availability of the updated 820c and the 845c?

Hi

845c is likely to be very soon - to be followed by 820c upgrade design.

Thanks
Yang

So are we looking at weeks? Months? Can you provide any details on the 845, like form factor? Is it a regular CE? Or is it extended? Are they still being built by Arrow or will somebody else be taking over?

Sorry, I really can’t disclose more at this point - all I can say is we are looking at weeks, not months.

Thanks
Yang