Pulseaudio binary is missing

When build the rpb-desktop-image, the pulseaudio binary is not installed in /usr/bin while the libraries are available? Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks

The selected Audio framework is ALSA, I assume pulse audio libs are included due to some dependencies.
For sure, you can build your own rpb with pulseaudio as ALSA replacement.

yes, @Loic is correct. and by the way, I think we should add pulseaudio in the rpb-desktop images… and would definitely support/merge any patches for that here: https://github.com/96boards/meta-rpb

I thought pulseaudio also use alsa for lower layer access. Pulseaudio is in the DISTRO_FEATURE so not sure why it’s not installed. I will try remove alsa.

DISTRO_FEATURES=“alsa argp bluetooth ext2 irda largefile pcmcia usbgadget usbhost wifi xattr nfs zeroconf pci nfc x11 ipv4 ipv6 libc-backtrace libc-big-macros libc-bsd libc-cxx-tests libc-catgets libc-charsets libc-crypt libc-crypt-ufc libc-db-aliases libc-envz libc-fcvt libc-fmtmsg libc-fstab libc-ftraverse libc-getlogin libc-idn libc-inet-anl libc-libm libc-locales libc-locale-code libc-memusage libc-nis libc-nsswitch libc-rcmd libc-rtld-debug libc-spawn libc-streams libc-sunrpc libc-utmp libc-utmpx libc-wordexp libc-posix-clang-wchar libc-posix-regexp libc-posix-regexp-glibc libc-posix-wchar-io opengl pam systemd x11 pulseaudio bluez5 gobject-introspection-data”
DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL=“pulseaudio sysvinit bluez5 gobject-introspection-data”

Possible, however there are separate packages for pulseaudio, pulseaudio-server, pulseaudio-misc,…
So If you need the pulse audio daemon you need to add pulseaudio-server to your image:
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " pulseaudio-server"

@Loic Thanks! That’s it.

This problem seems to be with morty release. The problem is fixed in pyro release.

hmm. may I ask you to summarize the problem precisely and how it was fixed?

thanks

In morty, I had to explicitly add pulseaudio-server to image even though pulseaudio is in the DISTRO_FEATURES. In pyro, the pulseadio-server is automatically installed as part of the pulseaudio.

hmm. it’s not really obvious to me why that would be the case… as i said earlier, i would like to investigate adding pulseaudio in our images, so i will look into that later.