PSCI System_off supported?

Hi,

Basically, I’m making software running on Hikey960 and I can see SYSTEM_OFF PSCI call is not supported by ATF (through PSCI_FEATURES). Is this true, how the Linux works with the shutdown command? does it emulating the shutdown? or am I missing something?

thanks in advance.

Which version of firmware/ATF are you running, AFAIK that has been fixed with that patch: https://github.com/ARM-software/arm-trusted-firmware/commit/2f006b2c66ef0af2bc5aab413bbea85ad9e03905

Without that patch CPU is entering halt state (looping on wfe or wfi instruction).

The version which I’m using is v2.0.

Without that patch CPU is entering halt state (looping on wfe or wfi instruction).

Actually, my situation is a little different from your explanation. The firmware returns to my S/W (next instruction of SYSTE_OFF PSCI call). Maybe it’s just one-time WFI than WFi looping.

What I mean is because SYSTEM_OFF is not implemented, the PSCI call returns (no-op) and the Linux kernel normally puts the CPU in a idle/halt loop. With the patch I mentioned, the PSCI shutdown is implemented, and device should be properly powered off (via its pmic).