Overclocking CPU

Anybody know how to change maximum freq. for CPU ?
adding freq to kernel dts file didn’t help
I would like to test my heatsink

echo performance > /sys/bus/cpu/devices/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

I am running benchmarks on maximum freq.
But I would like to change CPUs frequencey to something like 2,6GHz
And When I add this freq. to kernel dts file it really show 2,6GHz in cpufreq-info
but application isn’t going any faster :slight_smile:

If memory serves the hikey family implement cpufreq by sending a message to a microcontroller to request a new frequency. That means the microcontroller can censor any attempt by Linux to overclock the device. I’m not sure what you are trying to do is possible.

There must be somebody in linaro who has access to this binary blobs. Just for benchmark purpose.
Kirin 970 is mobile SOC. So there isn’t much space for heatsink in mobiles phones.
But we have planty of space on dev board and I would really like to see it on max speed :slight_smile:
A73 should work fine on 3GHz base on arm information. But it is impossible in phone

For example
http://people.linaro.org/~leo.yan/hikey960/hikey960_power_modeling/atf_patch/0001-HACK-plat-hikey960-disable-MCU-thermal-policy.patch
can disable thermal policy. So something like this for cpu freq.

Regardless of the available space, I think you will find that the limiting factor with cooling will actually be the thermal conductivity of the RAM package, which is sitting between the heat sink and the SoC.

When you are running intense code, keep an eye on the core temperature and actual frequency.

I don’t have any problem
cpufreq-info show max freq.(2,4GHz) and temperatures was in good range

You see, that’s exactly what I mean. The max frequency will NEVER change. It will read 2.4 GHz even when it’s throttled all the way down to 700 MHz.