OrCad symbol for APQ from Dragonboard?

I’m using the Dragonboard410c for prototyping and eventually will move to the APQ8016E on a custom PCB. Does QCA or any other online resource provide the schematic symbol (OrCad in this case) for the APQ or does everyone who uses it make their own?

thanks!

Hi @decibel08

I am working of getting symbols and footprints released from Qualcomm, but there are many internal hurdles left to cross so I don’t have them available for you yet, and I am not willing to put a timeline on the release just yet.

In the mean time, Arrow does have the schematics and layout files for the 410c board in a CAD readable form and they can provide them to you. Please talk to your Arrow rep.

Of course there is always the option of building your own symbol and footprint, but this is a manual process and it takes a lot of effort to ensure that it is 100% correct.

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Qualcomm Canada, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Hi @ljking I wanted to see if you had any update on this effort? I have not heard back from my contact at Arrow so you may be my best hope! I would love to generate my own footprints but the publicly available info for APQ8016E (and for WCN3620) is missing some crucial dimensions and it appears to be on purpose (only called a ‘simplified mechanical drawing’). Any idea when you might be able to share these files? APQ8016E, WCN3620, and PM8916 - the whole chipset. But I’d take any of them for now!

thanks!

Hello,
I am also looking for APQ8016E, WCN3620 and PM8916 footprints or layout informations. Arrow told me they have nothing and told me to ask Qualcomm, which I did, but I got no answers so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank in advance !

Hello,
please can you ask you local Arrow contact again to provide you the design package as already mentioned before from ljking! If you don’t get any further information please get me a personal message!
Dieter

Full Disclosure: I am an employee of Arrow Central Europe GmbH, any opinions I may have expressed in this or any other post may not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Hi

Did anyone get the symbols and footprints of the DragonBoard 410C components to share?